Head of Product Design
San Francisco /
Gaming & User Experience /
Volley develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We’re a 45-person team based in San Francisco.
We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
- Song Quiz - a name-that-tune music trivia game
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? - a quiz game to test your elementary-level knowledge
- Bedtime Stories - a soothing, narrated skill to help you fall asleep
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars, and our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
We are seeking a Head of Product Design to lead the visual direction for our voice, web, and mobile products. The role will have you working across platforms- from our website, mobile apps, to smart speaker display devices, (e.g. Amazon Echo Shows, Google Nest Hubs, and smart televisions).
Stuff you may have done before
- 5+ years industry experience
- Lead and scaled a top-tier design team (or managed a smaller team, and you're ready to take the next step!)
- Designed consumer facing apps, preferably in the entertainment or gaming industry
- Designed innovative visuals for new platforms and technologies, e.g. AR, VR, voice
What you'll do
- Grow and coach a talented design team
- Create, develop, and enforce visual design consistency across the Volley brand and all of our products
- Collaborate with Voice UX experts, engineers, and data analysts to deliver best-in-class experiences for our users
- Inspire a user-centric culture within the team and across the organization
- Be a thought-leader on visual design to coworkers at all levels (from peers to the CEO) with clear, articulate rationale for design decisions
- Look to the future of what visual design could mean for voice controlled devices
At Volley, we recognize the importance of work-life balance. We are currently working remotely, but come January will be implementing a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule. We also offer 4 weeks of paid time off and strongly encourage its use.
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. We love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and come January, occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Underrepresented candidates, and candidates from nontraditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!