Head of Growth
San Francisco /
Gaming & User Experience /
Volley develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We’re a 45-person team based in San Francisco.
We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
- Song Quiz - a name-that-tune music trivia game
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? - a quiz game to test your elementary-level knowledge
- Bedtime Stories - a soothing, narrated skill to help you fall asleep
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars, and our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
We are seeking a Head of Growth to build a functional team within Volley that drives user acquisition and retention.
We are in a new industry and discoverability on platforms like Amazon Alexa can be challenging. We are therefore looking for someone who is excited to use their previous expertise to seize this brand new opportunity. You will be one of the only marketers in the world that is working in this space, creating the strategy around how we grow products that live on smart speakers.
We are already the top entertainment company on Amazon Alexa and we are looking to expand our lead! If you're a creative, detail-oriented, data-driven marketer looking for a new challenge, get in touch.
What you'll do
- Hire and manage a team of 4-7 associates and analysts to build a Growth function
- Design and manage marketing campaigns across multiple channels, including paid social and email
- Help create the team's strategy around external UA and user lifecycle marketing
- Explore potential new ways, methods and channels to drive users to their smart speakers
- Generate data-driven hypotheses and run A/B tests across different campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with User Experience, Design, and Engineering
Stuff you may have done before
- Created and run paid ad campaigns on Facebook/Instagram/TikTok
- Managed A/B tests within product flows to optimize user experience
- Designed and managed email campaigns
- Marketed at a consumer facing company
- Lead a small team to drive growth
At Volley, we recognize the importance of work-life balance. We are currently working remotely, but come January will be implementing a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule. We also offer 4 weeks of paid time off and strongly encourage its use.
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. We love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and come January, occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Underrepresented candidates, and candidates from nontraditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!