Field Service Technician
Los Angeles, CA
Volta Charging is growing our network of EV charging stations across the country and is looking for a teammate to help ensure our stations are always looking and operating at their best.
This job entails traveling daily throughout Southern California. You will be traveling to Volta stations every day of the work week.
- Be the primary owner of the “look and feel” of the Volta stations in the Southern California network
- This includes regularly visiting all stations ensuring both the aesthetics and functionality of the stations meet our very high standards
- Be a Volta brand ambassador to locations and primary contacts hosting our stations (such as the store manager) as well as with drivers you will encounter throughout the day
- Fully understand all aspects of the Volta Sales and Operations processes and be able to explain these to site hosts
- Clean the stations to ensure they are immaculate and meet the expectations of the station media sponsors
- Check station functionality and ensure the charging, connectivity, and digital media components operate properly
- You are comfortable with basic hand tools - you will perform minor repairs to the exterior of stations (replace instructional stickers, cord hangers) that will require use of basic tools (screwdrivers, etc)
- You are comfortable with technology - you will perform basic work on the interior of stations that includes troubleshooting and swapping out low voltage components (such as routers and computers), as well as some technology work such as firmware upgrades on individual components
- Record daily all activities in Salesforce, Slack, and other systems Volta uses
- You are eager to work outside all day in varying elements based on time of year and daily weather conditions
- Self-starter who can plan ahead to maximize a day, while remaining flexible to adapt to priority items that may arise
- Strong verbal communications skills
- High school (or equivalent) degree
- Able to lift 30 pounds and climb an approximately 3 foot ladder
- Impeccable attention to detail
- This position requires significant time driving. Valid driving license required.
- Acceptable driving history required for three years pre-employment, and continuing while employed.
- Clean driving record with no major moving violations within the last two years