San Francisco, CA
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
Our company is small, but focused and ambitious. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute in a number of ways to our Software Engineering department and the evolution of the company itself. For this role, you’ll get to be the main driver on our Station Platform Team owning services running on our charging stations and in the cloud alike. The services do everything from recording sensor data to controlling station components. This role is a mix between DevOps work and engineering work to develop applications and services supporting a vast network of charging stations that can expand throughout the U.S.
- Prototype with new components and sensors on the stations
- Work closely with other members of the product team to design new user interactions with the stations
- Help build a reliable and self-monitoring network, with minimal downtime
- Hold architecture and design reviews with other team members
- Manage the deployment and lifecycle of your code
- 5 - 7 years relevant working experience
- 2+ years using and deploying with Linux, we use Ubuntu
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization is a plusSolid proficiency with Node
- Experience with microservice or event-based architectures
- Very comfortable writing scripts (bash, sh)
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment - "in the trenches" of multiple development projects with high level of self-motivation and directness
- Top-notch, demonstrable documentation and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and self manage goals
- Experience with microservices
- Previous experience at a start-up
- Fascination for green technologies and transportation
- You drive an electric vehicle!