Marketing Associate Returnship
San Francisco, CA
Internships and Returnships
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a Marketing Associate to join our Marketing Team in San Francisco to help us develop stellar content for the Electric Vehicle community. Our Marketing Associate will have the opportunity to develop and assist with producing a marketing strategy plan to be dispersed through a multitude of mediums and sectors, including social media and digital marketing. Our ideal candidate has 2-3+ years of experience in PR or journalism as well as an interest in technology, social media, consulting, and international and geopolitical risk.
We are excited to be a part of the Path Forward program here at of Volta! We appreciate the skills you have to offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. We believe in empowering people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experiences, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce.
- Create engaging written materials, including messaging, press releases, articles, blog posts, and FAQs
- Research a variety of topics in the e-commerce / risk / identity space
- Become a subject matter expert in electric vehicle related topics
- Structure and implement marketing tests to drive optimization (e.g., test creative, copy, audience segments, etc.)
- Brainstorm creative content strategies and projects, across different channels and forms of media
- Develop compelling stories around new product initiatives as well as major company launches
- Be a consistent voice for the Volta Charging brand and ensure the highest standards of copy
- 2+ years of previous experience at an agency, PR firm, or in journalism
- Comfortable writing about technical content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, move projects forward independently, and communicate internally across many stakeholders
- Passion for innovation and technology
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Up-to-date on the news within the ever-changing EV world