Construction Project Manager, EV Charging Station Installation
Volta Construction Managers are hard to find. They play an essential role not only in the Operations department but also to the overall organization. As a Construction Manager at Volta you will coordinate project feasibility studies, all aspects of site construction, and final site commissioning. The ideal candidate has an established track record managing infrastructure projects (up to thirty projects at one time across multiple geographic areas) on schedule, while adhering to high quality standards and demonstrating clear-headed problem solving and mastery of the tactical details for each project.
Bring your passion, drive, and energy to this opportunity to have a major impact in a company that is shaping the future of transportation.
- Venturing out to new opportunities with the responsibility to acquire and clearly present the information that supports the firm in making calculated decisions as to where, when, and how the next Volta Charging Station installation takes place.
- Establishing, training and maintaining 3rd party relationships (engineers, installers, contractors, supply vendors and maintenance teams).
- Managing the smooth progression of each construction project from a feasibility study to engineering and permitting and then the installation and commissioning of the stations.
- You ‘own’ the scope, schedule and budget for your projects and are cognizant of cost implications and able to make recommendations which benefit the bottom line.
- Forecasting, scheduling deployment, and managing all components of highly complex installations.
- Reviewing and approving construction bids and change orders. Provide support as needed to the general contractor during all phases of construction.
- Evaluating new technology and helping decide how we continue to improve our charging stations and the overall customer experience.
- You have extensive experience (5+ years, construction management or site development preferred) in managing multiple, simultaneous projects each with multiple contractors involved. Prior work in telecom/solar/retail development is desirable.
- Regular travel (50%-75%) is something you enjoy, as you’ll be spending time on each site throughout the deployment process.
- You are meticulous with project details and diligent in finding solutions, and can easily point to a track record of success in this area.
- Working in an environment that requires changing pace, redirecting your thinking, and embracing new procedures is exciting to you. You are scrappy and entrepreneurial and achieve results with far fewer resources than a big company would have.
- You’ll need to be confident in working remotely and operating independently (Volta HQ is in San Francisco).
- Your knowledge and experience with EV charging systems and electrical infrastructure is a plus.
- This position requires significant time driving. Valid driving license required.
- Acceptable driving history required for three years pre-employment, and continuing while employed.