Director, People Partner
San Francisco, CA
People – People
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a Director, People Partner to join our People Team in creating best in class employee experiences and scaling our organization thoughtfully and inclusively. You will act as a strategic thought partner to our Leaders and use a business-focused, people-centric mindset to help translate business objectives to people strategies.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA.
- Design and deliver innovative, targeted, high impact solutions to our People initiatives, including talent management, strategic planning, change management and team building
- Partner closely with peers and stakeholders across the People Team to assess existing People programs, processes, and practices, identifying gaps and inefficiencies, and driving improvements, scalability, and automation to enhance the employee experience and support long term growth objectives
- Coach and build Leader capability to navigate critical programs including onboarding, performance management, employee relations, compensation and organizational development
- Support the resolution of complex people and employee relations issues
- Drive a best in class employee experience that encompasses recruiting through off-boarding
- 7+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner or equivalent
- 3+ years experience successfully coaching leaders up to VP levels
- Strong competency within the HR function: Employee Relations, talent management, compliance, communications, and change management
- You are a strategist and scaler, who can connect the dots between where we’re going and how we need to nudge the organization to get there
- You are a partner and connector, who builds trusted relationships with leaders by providing deep insights and helping them see around corners