San Francisco, CA /
Finance – Finance /
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a Tax Director to join our Finance Team. This position can be based in San Francisco or remote and will report to the CFO.
- Serve as internal and external point of contact for all tax-related inquiries and analysis.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation of the company tax filings including, but not limited to planning, registering, preparing, filing, coordinating payment of federal, state, and local income, sales, property, business license, and other tax returns, estimated payments and extensions.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of the above.
- Research newly enacted and proposed legislations and their impact on the company’s financials.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning and optimization for existing and future business activities.
- Manage external service providers as they prepare components of various tax filings and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop overall tax calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with external providers.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate any jurisdictional audit or IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual tax provision for financial statement close.
- 10+ years of experience in a corporate tax or relevant public accountant role
- Extensive corporate tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills and experience with Word, Outlook, Excel
- Familiarity with other Accounting systems (i.e. Netsuite), Salesforce, and other business systems helpful