San Francisco, CA
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated visual problem solver to help define and amplify our brand. Over the next year we will be redesigning our stations, building a new website, enhancing our mobile app, supporting business development and so much more. We are a tight knit team of highly passionate folks looking to make an impact far beyond our numbers. If you are fired-up about pushing design boundaries while creating a memorable brand experience we’d love to hear from you.
The Graphic Designer will work on a wide range of projects from web/mobile experiences, sales presentations to environmental design. This job will be a cross functional role supporting both Brand/Marketing and Product teams and will be instrumental in shaping our brand as it is still developing.
- Work with creative director and product team and marketing to identify creative solutions and strategy to get there.
- Ability to think through user flows and translate to visual designs
- Contribute to the evolution of Volta design culture
- Build rapid prototypes and participate in user testing
- Identify and communicate design roadblocks and implement solutions
- Showcase strategic design thinking & concepts
- Productivity and proactively contribute to a feedback culture while relentlessly striving to improve quality of everything we produce.
- Assist in building templated systems to maximize impact across the organization
- 5-7 years of design experience
- 4 year degree in design or similar field
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly skilled with typography and color
- Can think conceptually and execute big ideas
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Good Communication: Can easily and clearly present concepts and the reasoning behind decisions
- Strong grasp of user experience principles and agile design
- Interested in collaboration and active brainstorming at all levels of the design process
- Drive to constantly hone your craft and to learn new things
- Strong grasp of branding
Experience with coding, motion graphics, data visualization, photo and video editing skills, a good sense of copy, a deep love for the history of transportation and/or alfa romeos and a great sense of humor are all a plus.