General Ledger Accountant Returnship
San Francisco, CA
Internships and Returnships
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a General Ledger Accountant to join our Finance Team. You will use your experience and knowledge of fast-growing companies to help deliver innovative, high-quality solutions that meet the needs of our internal and external stakeholders and keep pace with our fast-growing business.
The General Ledger Accountant will prepare journal entries, complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and assist with ad hoc projects for management. You will work closely with other finance and accounting team members.
We are excited to be a part of the Path Forward program here at of Volta! We appreciate the skills you have to offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. We believe in empowering people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experiences, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report to Volta’s Controller.
- Responsible for the completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of the financial statements
- Prepare monthly accounting entries for various business transactions (including but not limited to inventory, compensation and benefits accruals, payroll, cash)
- Support the month end, quarter end, and year end closing process and financial reporting to ensure proper cutoff
- Prepare account reconciliations, maintenance and coordination of interface and reporting
- Play an active role in implementation and harmonization of corporate accounting processes for general ledger areas
- Proactively identify issues and assist in optimizing systems, upgrades and automation of accounting processes
- Assist with quarterly reviews and audits
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- 4+ years of previous relevant corporate accountant experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience, with a CPA is a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Experience in real estate, construction, and/or media
- Ability to multitask, be agile and work well in a dynamic environment
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple priorities
- Team player with strong communication, customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Pursues resolution of business issues impacting the financial statements in a proactive, independent manner