San Francisco, CA
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a talented Copywriter to be the go-to resource for creating compelling content that will further distinguish our growing network of EV Chargers. In this role, you will embody our brand and focus on your day-to-day execution of copy projects for a variety of Volta’s stakeholders and teams. This is an exciting opportunity for you to take and elevate our brand language in a rapidly transformative automotive industry.
- Conceptualize, create, and proofread various content and ensure it stays on voice, on brand, and on target
- Write a wide variety of content for platforms such as website, app, social media, white papers, banners, etc.
- Proactively work with marketing team members to scope requirements, objectives, and audience for projects that require marketing copy and execute on projects efficiently
- Help define Volta's voice and document best practices for Volta’s brand including copy style guide
- Edit content produced by other members of the team
- Wear multiple hats: jump in on other copy projects where needed
- Host regular copy office hours to help team members with copy editing needs
- 5+ years of copywriting experience
- 3+ years of writing experience for a B2B and B2C audience
- Ability to work on multiple assignments/deadlines while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to apply data-driven insights to produce impactful material
- Can recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO
- Previous experience at a start-up
- Fascination for green technologies and transportation
- You drive an electric vehicle