Corporate Accounting Senior Analyst
San Francisco, CA /
Finance – Finance /
At Volta, we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Corporate Accounting Senior Analyst to join our rapidly growing Finance Team to maintain our general ledger accounting operations and support other functions within the Finance Team. This is a critical role that will play an active role in the financial close process and preparation of month-end journal entries for a variety of accounting areas (prepaids, accruals, etc.).
Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and can work well both independently and collaboratively in a startup environment. You are a dedicated team-player, self-motivated, and extremely organized and detail-oriented.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Assistant Controller.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for various accounts as assigned.
- Drive the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process and propose process improvements as needed.
- Assist with the balance sheet and income statement flux analyses for internal reporting and the external audits.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the annual audit process.
- Participate in system and reporting enhancements and upgrades and collaborate with IT.
- Prepare other ad hoc reports and assist with other finance projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA is required.
- 3 years of accounting experience; preferably a public/private mix with at least 1+ years in public accounting required.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work in a team environment and ability to clearly and concisely articulate requests to cross-functional business partners.
- Self-motivated with high degree of curiosity.
- Experience with construction company accounting issues.
- A passion for sustainability and electric vehicles.
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus.