Operations and Supply Chain Co-op
San Francisco, CA
The Operations group is a key part of Volta and we are looking for passionate, relentless and dedicated people to help our team grow. As a Co-op student at Volta, you will play an essential role not only in Operations and Supply Chain, but also to the overall organization. You will report to the Director of Field Operations and work directly with Project Managers as they build our nationwide network of electric vehicle charging stations. In addition to being a key a member of the Operations group, you will also work at the intersection of Business Development, Media Sales, and Product. You’ll be expected to become knowledgeable and participate across all those areas. This is an opportunity to have a major impact in a company that is shaping the future of transportation.
Volta Charging (http://voltacharging.com ) is building the largest free electric car charging network in the US. We offer brands a powerful media platform to deliver their messages and make communities more sustainable. We are a 40-person (and growing!) start-up located in San Francisco.
- You will assist Project Managers with all aspects of station installations and maintenance. This includes the early stage site engineering and permitting process, as well as the coordination required in managing contractors and the actual site installation.
- Field work is a part of the role and you will spend time on-site with Project Managers and contractors assisting with installations and maintenance of charging stations.
- You will develop and document process and training materials to ensure PMs and members of the Operations group are maximally effective in positioning Volta as the leader in EV charging. We’ll expect you to play a role in working with internal stakeholders to optimize operational decisions, document those on our internal wiki, and then train the team in the procedures you have developed.
- A part of the role will be to evaluate new technologies, build our supply chain, and continue to improve our charging stations and the overall customer experience. As the marketplace evolves, we need to constantly evaluate our options and you’ll help explore new technologies and then integrate those into our supply chain.
- You are pursuing a BA or BS, preferably in engineering, business management, economics, computer science or similar field.
- More important than a particular major, you thrive in a fast-paced, informal, team-focused environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and support the broader Operations group and company as you learn the ropes.
- You are meticulous in project details and diligent in finding solutions, all while being customer service minded.
- Your knowledge and experience of (or strong desire to learn about) EV charging systems and electrical infrastructure is a plus.