[Software Engineering] Data Applications
Path Forward Returnship
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Volta is for professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. If selected, you’ll receive 16 weeks of paid employment while doing work you love for the world's most influential free-to-use EV Charging company . You’ll have the chance to update your skills, add new experience to your resume, and make new professional connections. You’ll also receive support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and has been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
On the Data Applications Team, we turn raw streams of data from hundreds of charging stations into valuable insights and visualizations that other teams rely on. Using libraries like React, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL allows us to rapidly prototype and implement new services quickly and independently. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our existing infrastructure and build something entirely new on your own, while being supported by other members of the engineering department.
- Work closely with other members of the team to extend the functionality of an existing service or interface
- Architect and construct a discreet service that analyzes a data stream
- Design and develop an interface that exposes your analyzed data
- Hold architecture and design reviews for your code with other team members
- Manage the deployment and lifecycle of your code
- Must be a member of Path Forward's Spring 2018 Program
- Understanding of relational databases
- Interest in green technologies and transportation
Volta is building a nation-wide network of free-to-use EV chargers. We place our stations at the highest profile locations within a city and our advertising sponsors provide charging as a free, open-access service, both to support the growing EV community and to inspire people to switch to a sustainable mode of transportation. The sponsored services model combined with digital, adaptive media brings real-world advertising and EV charging into the 21st century. With Volta, everyone wins.