People Operations Coordinator Returnship
San Francisco, CA
Internships and Returnships
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a People Operations Coordinator to join our People Team to provide administrative support and help run various projects and programs within the HR function. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic member of the team who is organized, collaborative, and proactive.
We are excited to be a part of the Path Forward program here at of Volta! We appreciate the skills you have to offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. We believe in empowering people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experiences, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce.
This position will be based at our HQ in San Francisco and will report to the VP of People Operations.
- Manage all HR-related paperwork, including I-9 documentation, benefits info, tax forms, signed offer letters, etc.
- Work with IT to set up workstations, purchase equipment and ensure a seamless experience as you set up new Volta team members
- Act as a point person on the HR team - answering questions, collecting required info, and referring inquiries to the appropriate team members
- Bring order and process to existing HR data, including organizing past documentation, digging through historical data, and tagging events in a chronological fashion
- Partner with the Recruiting Coordinator to establish workflow around bringing on new employees, assigning responsibilities to key stakeholders to bring order to our startup environment
- Transfer important HR information from various sources and bring it to one space in an organized and sensible way (must be scalable)
- Manage confidential information, processing requests around HIPAA compliance, audits, etc.
- Support the People team in any ad-hoc projects
- 2+ years of previous experience within Human Resources
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with a desire to bring process-driven solutions to our growing HR needs
- Highly organized with the ability to categorize related data, identify trends, and assign attributes to various pieces of information
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to handle multiple projects and prioritize your work as demands of the business may quickly shift
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to exercise good judgement and maintain strict confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification
- BA in Organizational Development / HR
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with ADP TotalSource