Director, Social & Community Marketing
The Director, Social & Community Marketing will be a key direct report to the Volta SVP, Marketing. He/she will be responsible for developing and managing the social media and community strategy and executing against the defined goals. The successful candidate will identify the primary social media channels on which Volta should focus and develop a publishing plan including style, content and cadence for content creation and distribution to develop and grow Volta’s reach in those channels. In addition, he/she will develop key metrics and KPI’s against which performance in those channels will be measured. The Director Social & Community Marketing will also be responsible for executing defined strategies to acquire, retain and engage a broader community. These activities will include but not be limited to; building the community member database, developing content to engage the community (newsletters, contests and promotions, etc.) and working with other key company stakeholders to help monetize the community. In addition, the Director, Social & Community Marketing will work closely with other internal stakeholders (sales team members, the design and account teams and others) as directed by management.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a relevant field including social media and/or community management
- Demonstrated experience growing social media channels and communities against defined objectives
- A great storyteller with the ability to convey clearly the Volta story, message and attributes
- A “good eye” for content including visual and text based
- A strong writer with a crisp and clear style
- Ability to effectively align his/her efforts with other company objectives
- Submit sound and achievable goals; ensure that the objectives are managed with strong metrics, financial accountability and integrity.
- Maintain highly collaborative working relationships with others in the Company.
- Exhibits an entrepreneurial capacity and understands that his/her role will be as an individual contributor as part of the larger Volta team