Lease Accounting Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Finance – Finance /
At Volta, we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Lease Accounting Manager to join our rapidly growing Finance Team to manage our site leases. This is a critical role that will own our lease accounting, ASC 842 accounting processes, and strengthen our general ledger and accounting operations. You must have the ability to think both in the details and high level about processes, procedures and be willing to roll up your sleeves to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
Our ideal candidate has the highest ethical standards and is highly experienced in reviewing lease contracts, documenting lease classification considerations for complex leases, and coordinating discussions on judgment areas with external auditors. You are a dedicated team-player, self-motivated, and extremely organized and detail-oriented.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Project Finance Manager.
- Review contracts and perform research to prepare technical accounting memos documenting Volta’s conclusions on lease classification and accounting impact of new leases. Propose accounting policies, journal entries, and reconciliations for areas reviewed for implementation.
- Review monthly and quarterly journal entries and reconciliations related to leases.
- Prepare flux analyses for lease-related balances in the balance sheet and income statement.
- Liaise with technical accounting and the external auditors to ensure consensus on accounting policies and elections prior to implementation.
- Drive system implementations.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the annual audit process on lease accounting matters.
- Regular contact with business partners outside of Finance.
- Prepare other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA is required.
- 4 - 6 years of experience in technical and/or lease accounting; preferably a public/private mix with at least 3+ years in public accounting required. Experience in real estate lease accounting strongly preferred.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work in a team environment and ability to clearly and concisely articulate requests to cross-functional business partners.
- Self-motivated with high degree of curiosity.
- Experience with construction company accounting issues.
- A passion for sustainability and electric vehicles.
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus.