Account Manager, Site Sales
New York, NY
Our goal is to work with partners and build infrastructure that inspires and electrifies communities. This not only helps increase EV adoption, but our network also sparks individual change and catalyzes broader change in the world. The Volta approach encourages partners to join us in driving mobility forward and this allows us to spark rapid change for a better tomorrow.
Volta is building a nation-wide network of free-to-use EV chargers. We place our stations at the highest profile locations within a city and our advertising sponsors provide charging as a free, open-access service, both to support the growing EV community and to inspire people to switch to a sustainable mode of transportation. Our unique sponsored services model combines digital, real-world advertising with EV charging in a new and unique way. With Volta, everyone wins. And above all, your work will impact the way the world moves to a greener environment.
At Volta, we’re passionate about working with companies that are moving the EV industry forward through service, technology, and media innovation. The ideal candidate shares this passion and is ready to liaise with our expanding client roster of marque retailers and property owners. We are looking for an outstanding Account Manager to join our expanding Business Development team to help support our rapidly growing business. Volta real estate partners are a diverse mix of property owners including retailers, traditional malls, mixed-use and lifestyle shopping venues, sports arenas, and entertainment locations that are high visibility locations in large metro areas across the country.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for nurturing a portfolio of these large and demanding partners. Candidates who possess commercial real estate leasing or site management experience is a significant plus. This is an outstanding opportunity to get broad exposure and provide significant impact in managing and growing all aspects of our highly entrepreneurial EV charging business. We are currently seeking an Account Manager to support Volta's growing business in the NY Metropolitan area.
- A key member of the business development team that helps close real estate leasing accounts, serves to establish trust, and builds long-term customer relationships.
- Work closely with the Business Development team to further develop a set of retail and property owner accounts that are at the forefront of disrupting the EV charging industry.
- Assist the business development team to acquire new retail and real estate partners.
- Liaise with retailers and property owners to coordinate and lead weekly status meetings between the partner and Volta Operations and Marketing teams to ensure commitments and timelines are met.
- Work closely with the Operations team to ensure all information needed for construction and installation has been transmitted accurately and timely.
- Working with Construction Coordinators to ensure all information needed for construction personnel has been transmitted accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ongoing monitoring of deals and helping to keep sales directors informed as to timing for construction, deal modifications, etc.
- Working with landlords to obtain tenant approvals for construction.
- Maintain and cultivate existing real estate partner relationships.
- Assist with day-to-day partner management, identifying and resolving issues related to contracts, installation and operation of our EV charging network.
- Record customer interactions in Salesforce and report weekly in order to preserve strong partner relationships and to insure alignment across the organization.
- Be comfortable escalating issues that may arise to ensure our partners obtain the best experience possible.
- Frequent local travel is required to maintain and grow customer relationships.
- Create process improvements that streamline our operations.
- 3+ years sales experience managing large customer accounts
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate industry a plus
- In-depth knowledge of property management, lease agreements, and site planning a strong plus
- Salesforce experience managing leads, opportunities, and tasks are essential
- Solid project management skills
- The ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- The ability to be extremely resourceful, be willing to take initiative, and complete projects on a timely basis without excessive oversight
- Solid business judgment and excel at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Strong written and presentation skills with high attention to details