San Francisco, CA /
Finance – Finance /
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our Finance Team. This position can be based in San Francisco or remote and will report to the Tax Director.
- Assist with the preparation of the U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
- Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and use tax filings.
- Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual tax provision requirements under ASC 740 and related financial statement disclosures.
- Assist with other filings such as state registrations, business licenses and business property tax filings.
- Support with federal and state tax audits as needed.
- Assist with various tax research for corporate income tax and sales tax.
- Model potential tax accounting implications of tax planning initiatives.
- Support tax process documentation and SOX controls.
- Keep up-to-date on tax law changes and impact on organization.
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization.
- 5+ years of public accounting and/or industry accounting experience including income tax accounting and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or finance related field
- CPA/MST preferred
- Experience in federal and state income tax compliance including nexus, multi-state apportionment rules
- Experience with accounting for income taxes ASC 740
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong ownership of his/her function
- Results driven with a high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity
- International experience a plus Sales tax experience a plus