Customer Success Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Internships and Returnships
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute in a number of ways to our Software Engineering department and the evolution of the company itself. You will have the opportunity to work across all of our public-facing software with a focus on improving reliability and expanding our integrations.
Path Forward is a nonprofit organization that is on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. The Path Forward Return to Work program is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving.
If selected, you’ll receive 16 weeks of paid employment while doing work for the world’s most influential free-to-use EV Charging company. You’ll have a chance to update your skills, add new experiences to your resume and make professional connections.
The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and has been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
- Work directly with the Mobile team to QA new features and test for regressions across the entire application
- Prototype, build, and improve integrations that automatically add Volta stations to external interfaces such as Google Maps and Waze
- Help design improvements to monitoring strategies and services that keep Volta driving on a day-to-day basis
- Participate architecture and design reviews with other team members
- Work closely with Marketing and Data teams to validate consistency and accuracy of our records
- Past experience working on testing or as a QA Engineer
- Basic understand of SQL and relational-databases
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment - "in the trenches" of multiple development projects with high level of self-motivation and directness
- Top-notch, demonstrable documentation and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and self manage goals
- Interest in learning new technologies such GraphQL, TypeScript, and various AWS services
- Experience with microservices
- Previous experience at a start-up
- Fascination for green technologies and transportation
- You drive an electric vehicle!