[Operations] Field Services Coordinator
Path Forward Returnship
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Volta is for professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. If selected, you’ll receive 16 weeks of paid employment while doing work you love for the world's most influential free-to-use EV Charging company . You’ll have the chance to update your skills, add new experience to your resume, and make new professional connections. You’ll also receive support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and has been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
The Operations Team is a key part of Volta and we are looking for a passionate, relentless and dedicated Field Services Coordinator to help us grow. The Field Services Coordinator will serve an essential role not only in Operations, but also to the overall organization. You will be responsible for maintaining our network of electric vehicle charging stations, as well as the contractor network that services and installs them. This is an opportunity to make a major impact in a company that is shaping the future of transportation.
- Coordinate field service efforts across the entire Volta network: connect and coordinate across the all teams that have an impact on field service work
- Manage maintenance efforts: this includes developing and refining our maintenance approach, establishing process and procedures for maintaining the installed network of stations, and identifying and tracking key metric
- Oversee the health of our installed base of charging stations, you’ll be the primary contact for responding to initial field maintenance issues, architecting a plan for resolving the issue, and then working with Volta employees and external contractors to ensure successful resolution
- Document solutions and all relevant information in our CRM system
- Conversant and capable with our technology and charging stations: this includes having the skills to take apart and rebuild every inch of a station, as well as the capabilities and acumen to instruct others in how to do it
- As a member of growing company, you’ll be asked to perform other appropriate tasks as determined by the Director of Operations
- Must be a member of Path Forward's Spring 2018 Program
- 3+ years of experience in managing field installations, contractor relationships, or similar project management work
- Prior experience managing multiple parties from a centralized command point is a strong plus
- Established track record of managing and delivering multiple simultaneous projects ahead of schedule and adhering to the highest quality and standards
- Knowledge and experience of EV charging systems, electrical systems, and/or communications networking is a strong plus
- Mechanically inclined – you like working with your hands, are comfortable with a wrench, and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting dirty
- Cognizant of cost implications and actively seek out solutions which benefit the bottom line
- You thrive in fast-paced, informal, team-focused environments where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- Strong computer skills, meticulous in project details, and diligent in finding solutions, all while being customer service minded
Volta is building a nation-wide network of free-to-use EV chargers. We place our stations at the highest profile locations within a city and our advertising sponsors provide charging as a free, open-access service, both to support the growing EV community and to inspire people to switch to a sustainable mode of transportation. The sponsored services model combined with digital, adaptive media brings real-world advertising and EV charging into the 21st century. With Volta, everyone wins.