Associate Project Manager
The Operations group is a key part of Volta and we are looking for a passionate, relentless and dedicated Associate Project Manager to help us grow. The APM will play an essential role not only in Operations, but also to the overall organization. You will work directly with Project Managers as they build our nationwide network of electric vehicle charging stations, as well as develop the process and procedures that will enable us to grow. APMs are key members of the Operations group, but also work at the intersection of Business Development, Media Sales, and Product. You’ll be expected to be knowledgeable and participate across all those areas. You will report to the Senior Vice President, Operations and have an opportunity to make a major impact in a company that is shaping the future of transportation.
- You’ll need to become fully conversant and capable with our technology and charging stations so you can actively participate in installing and maintaining our growing network.
- Be a leader in helping our Operations team grow and scale. You’ll be responsible for understanding our entire operations process, and then work with key stakeholders to refine and improve how we operate as we grow. This includes developing process and training materials to help ensure PMs and members of the Operations group team are maximally effective in their roles.
- Be a key part of our Supply Chain. You’ll work with our Product team to understand our product roadmap then research and source new technologies for our charging stations. You’ll also work with established vendors to order equipment, as well as help drive our third-party logistics approach.
- Support the management of Volta’s contractor network. This includes sourcing, onboarding, training and evaluating contractors who will perform initial installations, as well as recurring maintenance.
- You’ll be an active participant in determining where our Volta charging stations are placed, performing site audits to enable installation, and assisting with engineering field evaluations.
- As a member of growing company, you’ll be asked to perform other appropriate tasks as determined by the Senior Vice President, Operations.
- You have a BA or BS from a top university, preferably in engineering, business management, economics, computer science or similar field.
- You may only have one to three years of professional experience, but are ready to roll up your sleeves and support the larger Operations group and company as you learn the ropes.
- You are mechanically inclined – you like working with your hands, are comfortable with a wrench, and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting dirty.
- Travel is something you enjoy, as you’ll be spending time in the field as part of the deployment and maintenance process.
- You thrive in fast-paced, informal, team-focused environments where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
- You are meticulous in project details and diligent in finding solutions, all while being customer service minded.
- Your knowledge and experience of EV charging systems, electrical systems, and/or communications networking is a plus.