Operations Project Manager
San Francisco, CA
Internships and Returnships
We are seeking a passionate, relentless and dedicated Operations Project Manager to join our Operations Team and ensure we are maximally effective in positioning Volta as the leader in EV charging.
The Operations team is a key part of Volta. You will play an essential role not only in Operations and Supply Chain, but also to the overall organization. In this role you will work directly with Project Managers as they build and maintain our nationwide network of electric vehicle charging stations. In addition to being a key a member of the Operations group, you will also work at the intersection of Business Development, Media Sales and Product. You’ll be expected to become knowledgeable and participate across all those areas. This is an opportunity to have major impact for a company that is shaping the future of transportation.
This position will be based in San Francisco and will report to the SVP of Operations.
Path Forward is a nonprofit organization that is on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. The Path Forward Return to Work program is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving.
If selected, you’ll receive 16 weeks of paid employment while doing work for the world’s most influential free-to-use EV Charging company. You’ll have a chance to update your skills, add new experiences to your resume and make professional connections.
The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and has been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
- You will directly support the Construction Operations, Field Operations and Supply Chain teams as we build our network, enter new markets and add new products to our portfolio. While you’ll likely work in all three areas, we may have you focus in a particular area based on your experience or background
- You will be an Operations representative in internal working groups that stretch across Business Development, Site Acquisition, Product, Engineering and Design
- Computer skills are important; you will work with basic tools such as G Suite and Excel, learn Salesforce and other technology platforms we use, and help us investigate and possibly adopt new technologies
- Understand our current processes and take the lead in streamlining and simplifying how we approach our work
- You have a background in Operations, Supply Chain, and/or project management
- You are process-oriented and have an operational mindset. You love improving processes and making things better
- You have a strong project management background and can help the broader team be more effective
- You are meticulous in project details and diligent in finding solutions, all while being customer service minded
- You thrive in a fast-paced, informal, team-focused environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and support the broader Operations group and company as you learn the ropes
- A strong desire to learn or knowledge about EV charging systems and electrical infrastructure is a plus
- Understanding and using Project Management Professional (PMP) or Lean/Six Sigma principles