Accounts Payable Processor Returnship
San Francisco, CA
Internships and Returnships
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking an AP Processor to join our Finance Team. You will use your experience and knowledge of fast-growing companies to help deliver innovative, high-quality solutions that meet the needs of our internal and external stakeholders and keep pace with our fast-growing business.
As an Accounts Payable Processor, you will be responsible for performing the day-to-day analysis and processing of invoices and payments, maintaining vendor information, identifying and communicating invoice discrepancies, researching and responding to invoice or payment queries.
We are excited to be a part of the Path Forward program here at of Volta! We appreciate the skills you have to offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. We believe in empowering people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experiences, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report to Volta’s Controller.
- Organize, process and maintain vendor invoices and accounts payable files
- Communicate with external vendors to resolve discrepancies and coordinate payment as necessary
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up on outstanding balances
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain approvals as necessary to process invoices in a timely manner
- Ensure accuracy and detailed review of all GL coding to maintain accurate tracking of departmental budgets
- Process new vendors and maintain W-9 files
- Maintain AP aging schedule and clear out old outstanding aging balances
- Take ownership of month-end close responsibilities, including tracking of vendor bills for completeness and review of general ledger for proper coding
- Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance and scaling of the business
- Support internal and external audits
- Resolve billing issues and ensure vendors are setup to be paid timely and accurately
- Manage the accurate and timely processing of all accounting transactions, including disbursements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Minimum 3+ years of previous experience in an accounts payable role in a high-volume environment
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving and time management skills to handle a high volume of transactions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication to customers, peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Concur and general ledger systems
- Knowledge of balance sheets, income statements, and mathematical concept
- Experience with MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint – intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups) preferred
- Takes initiative to proactively research, resolve problems, and improve processes