Accounts Payable Supervisor
San Francisco, CA /
Finance – Finance /
At Volta, we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our rapidly growing Finance Team to lead our accounts payable operations and support other functions within the Finance Team. This is a critical role that will oversee invoice and PO processing operations, manage communications with our vendors, and reconcile vendor accounts and GL accounts. Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and can work well both independently and collaboratively in a startup environment. You are a dedicated team-player, self-motivated, and extremely organized and detail-oriented.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Assistant Controller.
- Ensure timely approval and payment of vendor invoices, utilizing best practices to ensure the best use of the Company’s cash.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the AP team.
- Streamline the vendor onboarding process and ensure all vendor information is complete and accurate.
- Prepare all records necessary for annual 1099 reporting.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for vendors, business partners and the team.
- Review invoices processed by the AP team to ensure proper coding, including associating amortization schedules for prepayments.
- Assist with the balance sheet and income statement flux analyses for internal reporting and the external audits.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the annual audit process as needed.
- Participate in system and reporting enhancements and upgrades and collaborate with IT.
- Prepare other ad hoc reports and assist with other finance projects as needed.
- Frequent communication and collaboration with business operations (e.g., supply chain) to ensure proper 3-way matching.
- Own travel and expense policy, including updates, and audits of expense reports in accordance with policy.
- Provide regular reporting on expenditure levels by category and department to management and tax.
- Prepare regular reporting of operational and financial metrics to finance management.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area
- 4 - 6 years of experience in accounts payable operations, with at least 3+ years of supervisory experience
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work in a team environment and ability to clearly and concisely articulate requests to cross-functional business partners
- Self-motivated with a passion for problem-solving
- Experience with Netsuite is required.
- A passion for sustainability and electric vehicles.
- Experience with construction company accounting issues.