[Software Engineering] Station Software
Path Forward Returnship
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Volta is for professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. If selected, you’ll receive 16 weeks of paid employment while doing work you love for the world's most influential free-to-use EV Charging company . You’ll have the chance to update your skills, add new experience to your resume, and make new professional connections. You’ll also receive support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and has been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
Volta is looking for an engineer to join the software team with a focus on data analytics and applications. Our stations all produce streams of data which need to be warehoused efficiently to enable performant reporting, and actively monitored to ensure other functions in the organization run smoothly.
- Identify ways to optimize data ingestion as our pipeline scales
- Design, implement, and test services to handle specific functions of our business logic
- Rapidly prototype and build interfaces to expose data to stakeholders
- Ideate with other teams in the organization
- Manage requests from multiple teams
- Must be a member of Path Forward's Spring 2018 Program
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience
- Experience with relational data-stores
- Experience or understanding of microservice architectures
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services
- Ability to express technical abilities and limitations to non-technical peers
- Interest in researching and experimenting with new technologies outside of core responsibilities
- Comfortable reading source code and passionate about understanding how technologies are implemented
- Interest in documenting and sharing learned technologies or projects
- Fascination for green technologies and transportation
Volta is building a nation-wide network of free-to-use EV chargers. We place our stations at the highest profile locations within a city and our advertising sponsors provide charging as a free, open-access service, both to support the growing EV community and to inspire people to switch to a sustainable mode of transportation. The sponsored services model combined with digital, adaptive media brings real-world advertising and EV charging into the 21st century. With Volta, everyone wins.