Finance and HR – Finance /
Voltus represents the "potential of us" to better manage energy through simple, cost and risk-free demand response programs. Our commercial and industrial customers generate cash by allowing us to maximize the value of their operational flexibility in energy markets. We hire teammates who are bright, gritty, and good and who have a genuine passion for delivering a cleaner energy future and for working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for understanding data flows between internal systems and their overall impact on the financial statements in compliance with GAAP. We are looking for an experienced individual with a strong ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and ensure a timely close process. This individual should be excited to develop processes and schedules that will serve as a foundation for our future growth.
This is a remote position. The preferred candidate will have the freedom to work from his/her favorite location.
● Process full cycle payroll on a semi-monthly basis
● Process payroll for hourly employees on a bi-weekly basis
● Register for state tax id’s
● Complete payroll and expense report processing
● Assist in preparing financial analyses and schedules necessary for audit related to payroll
● Maintain and update internal documentation for processes
● Annual W-2 review and distribution
● Process employee benefits payments around 401K, medical, dental, and vision
● Collaborate with HR and other departments to ensure all payroll changes have been entered into the system
● Maintain oversight over quarterly 941 reporting requirements
● Support various special projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary
● Goal-oriented personality capable of multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
● High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
● 3+ years’ experience in payroll accounting or equivalent
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting, preferably
● Knowledge of payroll and benefits processes
● Experience using Sage Intacct, Tipalti, Rippling, and Expensify preferred but not required
● Proficient in Microsoft Office
● Bonus: experience working in the energy technology industry
Highly self-motivated, loves and masters fundamentals