Senior Golang Engineer
Here at Volume, we work with the best partners to make decentralized finance protocols valuable. We solve problems of protocol utility, governance, and growth for the leading DeFi protocols. From our team effort, we are able to drive massive growth of user transactions and the launch of the protocol economy. If a protocol fails to attract user activity, token value falters and innovation will flow away from the network.
Volume delivers software tools and user experiences that increase protocol token utility and community engagement, measured by protocol transaction volume growth. The Volume team’s interests are the protocol interests: Growth of user transactions.
Volume's investors include Curve, Solana, SimplyVC, and many others.
We are always looking for individuals who desire a high-impact, high-visibility role within a company that is making crypto and decentralized protocols valuable.
About the Role:
As a Senior Golang Engineer on our Engineering team, you will have a chance to lead engineering work across the full spectrum of our protocol architecture that is built around the Cosmos-SDK, built in Golang, Rust, and Solidity. Our software empowers validators to secure the Paloma Blockchain Protocol which aims to be the fastest, safest, decentralized messaging protocol. As an early employee, you will be a critical part of our core team and have a significant influence over the direction of the company.
- Participating in and driving technical specifications, design, architecture, and implementation for new features on the Cosmos SDK
- Writing reusable libraries and custom logic for blockchain state machines and ensuring solid test coverage
- Participating in code reviews
- Minimizing tech debt while strategically pushing for progress with new features
- Help scale the team and create our engineering culture
- Participation and leading coordination for one or more of the SDK’s architecture working groups
- A minimum of 5 (FIVE) years working with Go in production, as well as solid experience in some other programming languages
- A degree in Computer Science required
- Able to meet deadlines and deliverables
- You enjoy learning and digging into open-source code, committing on other projects
- You can organize yourself well and can work in an agile manner
- You enjoy a healthy balance between working autonomously and collaborating closely with peers through pairing sessions and architecture design meetings
- You enjoy analyzing solutions and can participate in defining a good architecture
- Good written communication in English is essential
- Previous experience working remotely and/or leading teams is a plus
- Previous experience maintaining open-source software (particularly libraries and/or frameworks), a plus
- Previous experience working with the Cosmos SDK or related technologies, a plus
- You are passionate about blockchain, have used DeFi dApps, and believe in the opportunity of decentralization and blockchains to change how the financial world works today
- You thrive in a startup environment and feel the best working in a small, cross-functional team where you can roll up your sleeves and be hands-on
- You have an interest in working in a self-organizing environment and bring creativity to start your own initiatives within the Cosmos Blockchain ecosystem.
We welcome H1B sponsorship, transfers. If you need H1B visa sponsorship. We will sponsor!
Volume is a dynamic start-up company, and our successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Volume is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, membership in an organization, or any other non-merit factors.
We sponsor H1B visa professionals. We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.