Game Localisation Producer (M/F)
Publishing – Product /
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and more recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 4.4 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 300 employees around the world, we are hereby inviting you to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
We are looking for talent interested in creating something bigger! To succeed in this role, you will need to have a good passion for gaming. You will join a small and high performing team. You will be responsible for management of the culturalization of the team and/or vendor, ensuring that our games are optimised for the Chinese market. Through your work, you will help us deliver fun and entertaining games to the Chinese market.
- Localize Voodoo titles in China
- Proceed with the obtention of the publishing numbers
- Develop a strong pipeline to release titles on iOS and Android
- Port localized title on H5 and proprietary platforms (eg: WeChat Mini Games)
- Optimize our games for local Android devices and local Android channels, e.g. Oppo, Vivo, Huawei
- Onboarding and coaching Chinese studios on all aspects of their games
- Developing a trusting relationship with the best Chinese teams and ensure good follow-up
- Contribute to the execution of a best in class studios platform
- Review culturalization design and communicate with global studio and 3rd party developer
- Contribute to the set up of efficient customer success and studio CRM
- Ability to deconstruct and analyse mobile game mechanics
- Competitor analysis from hyper casual/casual games in Chinese market
- Present guidelines and provide consultation to fully localize in game content (gameplay, features, - levels, IAP mechanics, etc)
- Build a release pipeline and a product database
- Spreading Voodoo’s culture and processes
What do we expect?
- Chinese native speaker with fluent English communication (written and oral)
- You have strong interest for gaming
- Good game balancing UX/UI sensitivity
- Proven related project experience (case study may be required)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- You find creative solutions to problems in a fast moving environment
- Great interpersonal skills and openness to feedback
- Great networking skills
- Embodies values of the company
What do we offer for this role?
Competitive salary (of course) ⧫ Bonus ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Lunch card ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathon ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Global Summit
The salary will depend on the experience and skills a candidate brings to the position.
The Voodoo Career Path is available for all employees, with management and expert tracks outlining the transparent salary ranges available to all our employees.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interview that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Our CEO is very much involved in the recruitment process, that is why on occasion he will also meet candidates as a last step. Lastly, our test and case studies culture is an integral part of the recruitment process and will feature at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!