Senior Back-end Software Engineer - Wizz
Consumer Apps – Engineering /
Voodoo is a tech company that creates mobile games and apps. With 6 billion downloads and over 300 million monthly active users, Voodoo is the #2 mobile publisher worldwide in terms of downloads after Google.
The company is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having raised over $1B and backed by Goldman Sachs, Tencent, and GBL. Deciding to expand its portfolio of products further, Voodoo has more recently announced that it will invest $200M in blockchain gaming studios, to lead the transformation of mobile gaming.
Voodoo is now a team of over 700 employees worldwide, we’re looking for talented individuals from across the globe to come and entertain the world with us.
Our consumer apps teams are creating innovative and entertaining apps for everyday life. Our mission to entertain the world goes beyond gaming. The apps we create are downloaded and used by millions of people around the world, with a central focus on the US.
You will work on Wizz, which is a social app for teens which currently has 200k+ daily active users in the US, proving its Market Fit on iOS. You will be part of 7 high-performing team members, and you will work together in goodwill to make Wizz reach millions of daily active users.
We are now entering a huge scaling phase and we’re seeking a Senior back-end engineer to join our team.
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain highly-scalable and available backends for a social app used by millions of users
- Contribute to best-practices on reliability and availability
- Contribute to the back-end overall infrastructure
- Language and libraries: Node.js, Fastify, Socket.io, Firebase
- Databases: MongoDB, Redis
- Infrastructure: Cloud Run, Cloud functions, Bucket, S3, CloudFront
- Ops: Github Action, AWS CLI, gcloud CLI, Docker, microservice architecture
- iOS: XCode, GitHub, Cocoapods (public and private), Firebase, Socket.io
- Excellent back end programming skills (5+ years experience)
- Professional Node.js experience
- Professional GCP or AWS expertise
- Experience building APIs
- Experience with high traffic and distributed systems architectures
- Familiarity with services & technologies used in our Stack (see below)
- Be fluent in French
- Track record with successful highly-scalable backends, is a plus
- DevOps skills (Terraform, Cloud formation, …), is a plus
Benefits: competitive salary, lunch vouchers, healthcare, child day care, wellness activities, unlimited vacation policy, remote days.