Software Engineer (M/F)
Paris Area, France
Engineering – Full-Stack
Full-time - CDI
Voodoo is a tech company focused on creating mobile apps for a wide audience. Leader in the mobile gaming market and the n°1 company worldwide with the most downloads on the App Store per day.
Our games have over 300M monthly active users and have generated 1.5 billion downloads in 2018.
We believe in continuous improvement of processes and sharing best practices. Our culture is based on our strategy : achieve excellence by creating and publishing hit games and hiring great talent !
You will join an organic structure where you will take ownership of your role and contribute actively with new ideas of new projects in a creative and stimulating working environment.
You will be part of a small and high performing team, and you will work together in goodwill to achieve best results.
Feel free to think big and if you're up to the challenge, come and join us !
- Prototype the team’s ideas at a fast pace
- Be the Voodoo “go to person” for backend, frontend and internal tool needs
- Develop backend with a focus on scalability, high availability, performance and optimization
- Develop beautiful and stable web interfaces
- Be proactive in suggesting technical tools to improve the team’s efficiency
- Own features from initial discussions to release and work with little supervision
- Always learn new skills to get better
- Excellent communication skills
- A hacker mindset
- Eager to learn new skills and result oriented
- A strong experience in building highly scalable and available backend
- Knowledge of the main Database engines (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Firestore, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with web markup (HTML5, CSS3) and building tools/scripts for automation
- Skills in reverse engineering and data scraping
- You speak and write French and English
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience writing unit tests, TDD
- Track record with successful mobile/web apps or backend
- Side projects showing your skills
- Knowledge Agile, Scrum
- AWS Cloud Services: EC2, Lambda, Cloudfront, S3, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch
- Firebase: Firestore, Google Cloud Messaging, Google Cloud Functions (Node.js 6)
- Ops: Jenkins, Git (Github/Bitbucket), AWS CLI, Firebase CLI, Severless/Microservices architecture, Continuous delivery
- Database: NoSQL (DynamoDB, Firestore), Graph oriented DB (Amazon Neptune)
- Languages: Node.js, Ruby, Python
- Mobile: iOSSearch: Algolia
- Productivity: Trello, Drive, Slack, Agile development
Competitive salary + Free shares + Performance Bonus + Company Profit Sharing + 50% Transportation costs
Contract : permanent contract, one remote day per week
Location : Paris, 75009
In order to stimulate creativity and team building, our work days are enhanced by many different activities : meditation classes, seminars abroad, learning hours, brunches and hackathons. You will also be able to free your mind at the local gym.