Junior Technical Product Manager (M/F)
Game Ops & Analytics – Casual /
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 4.4 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 300 employees around the world, we are hereby inviting you to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
As a Junior Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for the creation of the gaming infrastructure of our Hyper Casual and Casual games. In collaboration with the tech teams and the different gaming studios, you will develop the product vision, strategy and roadmap to push our games to new horizons.
You will be in charge of creating and developing multiple back-end systems to support the various needs of our gaming studios to provide a robust solution which is also innovative and relevant.
- Manage a technical roadmap for an array of games and set up OKRs
- Perform ongoing prioritization and come up with creative solutions while considering the business value
- Apply buy/build considerations in order to drive the most relevant solutions over time
- Collect and analyze requirements, write clear and detailed specs and wireframes, define AB tests, prioritize tasks and create a QA plan
- Follow up and analyze the success of the product by conducting customer interviews and surveys
- Work with Developers, Product Managers, Game Designers, Game Economy Managers, Data Analysts and Monetization/CRM Managers to guarantee the relevance and value of the systems
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience and deliver sharp, innovative features
By joining this team, you will have a strong impact on the business and a unique opportunity to reach hundreds of millions of users by building the gaming infrastructure.
What is your team about?
Based on our principles and values, you will have the chance to work with a variety of experts: product managers, monetization managers, data analysts...and still more!
We harness data and creativity through innovation on the Voodoo gaming portfolio. We gain better understanding of our player base in order to keep on offering the best entertainment value out there!
We bring new ideas to life and develop existing concepts to enrich our already diversified gaming portfolio. We make our games even more fun, engaging, long-lasting and entertaining! Pair that with top-of-the-line A/B testing capabilities and you've got yourself a great environment for learning and developing Casual and Hyper Casual games. Join us and be part of a small, international and passionate team!
What do we expect?
- At least one year of experience as a Product Manager with a technical focus
- Goal oriented, highly motivated, takes full ownership on projects
- Strong organizational skills and data-driven mindset, great attention to detail
- Great communicator and a team player, who likes to work with people and drive results together
- Adapt well to a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Fluent in English
- Able to clearly convey messages in written and oral form
- A problem solver by nature – inventive thinker that will provide insightful, innovative solutions to any problem
- Familiarity with server- and client-side applications in the mobile space - an asset
What do we offer for this role?
Competitive salary (of course) ⧫ Bonus ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Remote days⧫ Lunch card ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathon ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Global Summit
The salary will depend on the experience and skills a candidate brings to the position. The Voodoo Career Path is available for all employees, with management and expert tracks outlining the transparent salary ranges available to all our employees.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interview that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Our CEO is very much involved in the recruitment process, that is why on occasion he will also meet candidates as a last step. Lastly, our test and case studies culture is an integral part of the recruitment process and will feature at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!