Backend Developer - Casual Games
Gaming Studios – Studio Casual Game /
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and more recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 4.4 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 300 employees around the world, we are hereby inviting you to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a good understanding of the mobile game market and an expertise on back end game developing. You will ensure everything runs, is scalable and solid on the back end scope (the architecture, the data structure, the online saves, the in app purchase, etc.)
You will work on our upcoming, fun and highly scalable mobile games, played by millions of people.
You will be part of a small and high performing team, and will have the opportunity to grow your skills while delivering great mobile games.
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
- Design & build mission-critical backend applications in a rapidly-changing, fast-paced environment
- Take full ownership of your work, bringing creativity and helpfulness to the workplace every day
- Think big and consistently deliver innovation while solving complex problems
- Bring bleeding edge technology into varied problem domains as a member of a high-performing, self-organizing team
With this role, you will have a strong impact on the company by contributing daily to important decisions with a senior, multidisciplinary team of passionate and talented people. You will work on our upcoming, fun and highly scalable mobile games, played by millions of people.
What is your team about?
Join a great small, helpful and creative team passionate about mobile gaming! Work closely with several experts: game designers, developers and product managers to maximise efficient prototyping, making people enjoy our games so much that they won’t be able to stop playing!
What do we expect?
- Proficient knowledge of a widely used back-end programming language
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions (AWS, CDN, Firebase, GoogleCloud)
- Be able to decide on the best tools suitable for features requested.
- Setting up backend infrastructure (servers, database, platforms, backups).
- Build RESTful APIs
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Integrate with third party services and APIs
- Experience working at different stages of production: Prototyping, LiveOps, Maintenance.
- Has worked on “games as service”
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- You speak and write English
- Experience with C# and Unity
- Sockets (real-time multiplayer, UDP protocol)
- Familiarity with Server-side AI platforms & protocols
What do we offer for this role?
Competitive salary (of course) ⧫ Bonus ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Remote days⧫ Lunch card ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathon ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Global Summit
The salary will depend on the experience and skills a candidate brings to the position. The Voodoo Career Path is available for all employees, with management and expert tracks outlining the transparent salary ranges available to all our employees.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interview that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Our CEO is very much involved in the recruitment process, that is why on occasion he will also meet candidates as a last step. Lastly, our test and case studies culture is an integral part of the recruitment process and will feature at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!