Back-end Software Engineer (M/F)
Paris Area, France
Engineering – Back-End
Full-time - CDI
Voodoo is a tech company focused on creating mobile apps for a wide audience. Leader in the mobile gaming market and the n°1 company worldwide with the most downloads on the App Store per day.
Our games have over 300M monthly active users and have generated 1.5 billion downloads in 2018 and our stacks receive more than billions of events per day and thousands of queries.
We believe in continuous improvement of processes and sharing best practices. Our culture is based on our strategy : achieve excellence by creating and publishing hit games and hiring great talent !
You will join an organic structure where you will take ownership of your role and contribute actively with new ideas of new projects in a creative and stimulating working environment.
You will be part of a small and high performing team, and you will work together in goodwill to achieve best results.
Feel free to think big and if you're up to the challenge, come and join us!
- You know how to design & build backend applications such as APIs and microservices
- You want to work on high traffic systems
- For you quality is not just another buzz word, but you think an application must take into account performance, tests etc.
- Then we want you!
- No diploma required, passion and skills are sufficient
- Solid experience building backend applications
- At least one significant experience using intensively one of this language: Node.js, Go, Scala or C#
- Eager to learn new skills and code using new languages (see our stack below)
- Result oriented and focus on the value created by your developments
- Simplicity, you can measure the balance between what’s needed right now and what might need changes later
- Don't let the fun at home and bring your smile!
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with services & technologies used in our Stack (see below)
- Familiarity with Voodoo's ecosystem: gaming, apps, advertising, analytics, etc, at all scales
- Good communication skills and can speak & write English (we can offer english lessons)
- Backend: Node.js, Spark, Scala
- Frontend: Vue.js
- AWS Cloud Services
- Ops: Jenkins, Git (Github/Bitbucket), Microservices architecture, Continuous delivery
- Database: SQL and NoSQL
- Cache: Redis, Memcached
- Mobile: iOS (Objective-C & Swift), Android (Kotlin), Unity
- And whatever you can add!
Competitive salary + Free shares + Performance Bonus + Company Profit Sharing + 50% Transportation costs
Contract : permanent contract, one remote day per week
Location : Paris, 75009
In order to stimulate creativity and team building, our work days are enhanced by many different activities : meditation classes, seminars abroad, learning hours, brunches and hackathons. You will also be able to free your mind at the local gym.