News Managing Editor - Apps (M/F)
Product – Content Management
Full-time - CDI
Voodoo is a tech company focused on creating mobile apps for a wide audience. Leader in the mobile gaming market and is the n°1 company with the most monthly downloads worldwide on the App Store.
Voodoo apps total over 300M monthly users and have generated 1,5 billion downloads in 2018.
We're now working on our next big dream: to create a new mass market mobile app that will be used by millions of people across the world. This app can be in video, news, or user generated content.
We believe in continuous improvement of processes and sharing best practices. Our culture is based on our strategy : achieve excellence by hiring great talent !
You will join an organic structure where you will take ownership of your role and contribute actively with new ideas of new projects in a creative and stimulating working environment. You will be part of a small and high performing team, and you will work together in goodwill to achieve best results.
Feel free to think big and if you’re up to the challenge, come and join us !
We're looking for a talented News Managing Editor interested in creating a valuable and snackable news experience for a wide international audience. Through your work you will let people access daily, tailor made and straight-to-the-point news content on the go. You will experiment innovative news formats and different ways to deliver news content on mobile platforms.
- You will be responsible of the content strategy (tone of voice, personas, verticals, etc.) and you will define the practical editing/writing guidelines of the Voodoo news mobile products
- You will build a team of content creators and editors by scouting best profiles and creating an exclusive relationship with them
- You will onboard and coach writer, editors and creators (in-house or remotely) and drive them to success
- You will be responsible for tracking key content metrics and communicating insights internally
- You will reshape the content strategy according to data
- You will work together with the product manager to iterate fast on content formats and offers
- Experience in the digital media space as managing editor, editor in chief, content strategist
- Experience in buildinding, coaching and leading an editorial team of content writers and creators
- Excellent english redactional skills and clear understanding of US news market and culture
- A true passion for news and you know by heart the news landscape: apps, social media, aggregators, daily digest, feeds, newsletters and video news.
- You are naturally at ease with experimental environment and you have an unorthodox approach to the news business
- You are a builder and you don’t shy away from operational tasks
- You are willing to pivot focus quickly as new needs and trends arise
Nice to Have
- You feel comfortable with social media and user generated content platforms
Competitive salary + Free shares + Performance Bonus + Company Profit Sharing + 50% Transportation costs Contract : permanent contract, one remote day per week
Location : Paris, 75009
In order to stimulate creativity and team building, our work days are enhanced by many different activities : meditation classes, seminars abroad, learning hours, brunches and hackathons. You will also be able to free your mind at the local gym.