Senior Data Engineer (M/F)
Growth & Engineering – Data Core /
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 4.4 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 300 employees around the world, we are hereby inviting you to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
We are looking for a talented data engineer eager to deal with great volumes of data and / or willing to build the data infrastructure of new social and media applications with huge scale potential!
You will be part of a small and high performing team working to solve complex problems using best-in-class technology(Spark, Python, Scala, Airflow). Sky is the limit and you will be always able to learn new technologies.
- Work on leveraging our data pipeline and create new ones, making sure the architecture will support the business requirements
- Collaborate closely with Data Scientists to develop new ways to acquire data, build processes to create data set, setup machine learning infrastructure, etc.
- Take ownership of projects from initial discussions to release, including feature estimation & scoping, architecture design, benchmark of new technologies, product feedback...
- Make things in a very agile environment with a fast decision process, having the opportunity to collaborate directly with people working on mobile & back-end development, data science, mobile games, broad audience mobile apps, product & marketing
What is your team about?
This year, Voodoo is focusing on tech recruitment. When it comes to growth, several bottlenecks we’ve previously experienced involve the projects that our tech teams are working on every day, such as our brand new publishing platform designed to support studios and game launches, our marketing performance and optimization systems based on machine learning, and improving the attractiveness of our games and user retention, all of which we approach using internal data collecting solutions, analysis, and A/B testing. Based on our principles and values, you will have the opportunity to join our strong Growth & Engineering department, composed of around 40 people. Be a part of a small, independent, helpful, and high-performing team of Senior Data Engineers. Come and work with us to solve complex problems using top of the range technology. You will take full ownership of your role and strive for excellence to deliver innovative and creative projects.
How do you match with our Stack?
Spark ⧫ Python ⧫ Scala ⧫ Airflow ⧫ Amazon Web Services ⧫ Kafka ⧫ Kubernetes
What do we expect?
- You have at least 4 years of experience as a Data Engineer or another similar role
- You have a proven track record of building and optimizing data pipelines for massive amounts of data
- You have a strong experience in scalability, reliability and security and also strong analytical skills, so you are able to work with unstructured datasets
- You have a strong experience with Amazon Web Services
- You are result-oriented and focus on the value created by your developments
- You are curious about business needs and like to create innovative, agile solutions to help grow the business through data
- You have excellent communication skills and can speak & write English
- Working experience in a Gaming, Advertising or successful company
- Familiarity with Voodoo's ecosystem: gaming, apps, advertising, analytics, etc, at all scales
What do we offer for this role?
Competitive salary (of course) ⧫ Bonus ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Remote days⧫ Lunch card ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathon ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Global Summit
The salary will depend on the experience and skills a candidate brings to the position. The Voodoo Career Path is available for all employees, with management and expert tracks outlining the transparent salary ranges available to all our employees.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interview that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Our CEO is very much involved in the recruitment process, that is why on occasion he will also meet candidates as a last step. Lastly, our test and case studies culture is an integral part of the recruitment process and will feature at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!