Washington, DC /
The Voter Formation Project (VFP) is a 501c(3) organization dedicated to increasing participation in local, state & national elections through digital communication, experimentation, and knowledge sharing. We are a new national organization committed to deploying and studying digital tactics, which requires marrying art with science to ultimately shift attitudes about civic participation and change voting behaviors.
The Media Buyer is a member of the Program Department, and will work alongside a Media Planner and other team members—as the organization expands—to assist in the execution of Voter Formation Project’s programs. Internally, the Media Buyer will interface with teams outside of the Program Department, such as Data and Technology, to coordinate around program execution and measurement. Externally, the Media Buyer will compare, negotiate, and purchase advertising inventory through various digital platforms, allowing Voter Formation Project to accomplish its goals to register and turn out members of under-represented communities.
As the Media Buyer you will:
- Compare, negotiate, and purchase advertising inventory with various digital media platforms/channels, including self-service social platforms like Facebook and Snapchat, as well as managed-service DSP (i.e. StackAdapt).
- Develop and execute effective media buying strategies.
- Document, record, and continually update processes and strategies to ensure continuity within the Media Buying role.
- Troubleshoot platform issues and ensure that ads are displayed appropriately.
- Work alongside the Media Planner to assist in identifying target audiences and crafting effective campaigns.
- Set up campaigns and conduct thorough QA.
- Monitor program costs and ad performance in order to provide strategic recommendations and make real-time optimizations.
- Prepare and continuously update schedules.
- Assist in generating reports for donors and other stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience in digital media, including familiarity with the media buying process.
- Strong analytical thinking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Google Sheets/Excel is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and with external stakeholders in a fully remote environment.
- Relationship-building abilities that will allow you to form strong relationships with advertising sales agents to obtain the best prices and value for VFP programs.
- Strong research skills.
- Energized to work in a start-up organization.
- Interest in continuous improvement and professional development.
- Enthusiasm for Voter Formation Project’s mission and vision.
Compensation, benefits, and culture
Starting salary for the Media Buyer is $60,000 per year.
The Voter Formation Project does not negotiate starting salaries. All Voter Formation Project employees are formally reviewed twice annually, in December and June, for performance and compensation adjustments. New employees who are onboarded more than four months in advance of the next compensation review will receive off-cycle compensation review to ensure equitable alignment within their compensation band.
In addition to monetary compensation, the Voter Formation Project offers a generous benefits package, which includes:
→ Unlimited paid vacation (all benefits-eligible employees are required to take three weeks of vacation per year).
→ Parental leave and various other paid leave types.
→ Fully paid medical and dental insurance. Vision premiums are 75% covered.
→ Co-working or home office reimbursement.
While the Voter Formation Project is an organization that works in political cycles, we whole-heartedly reject campaign culture and are focused on developing new, healthy norms for campaign work—even in-cycle.