Remote (U.S. / EU Time Zones) /
The workplace is getting more distributed. Over the last decade, the biggest advances in productivity have come from new full stack, collaborative tools that manage distributed work. Code has Github. Design has Figma. What about meetings?
The most important stuff in every company is happening in meetings. But our meeting tools were designed in an era when meetings were almost always in person. Today’s meeting tools let you see and hear each other. That’s it. Vowel is a full stack meeting OS that actually helps you have better meetings, collaborate more effectively, and surface insightful team metrics and trends.
Our team has strong experience starting and running VC-backed companies. Our investors include the same VCs who invested in leading software companies, including Stripe, Twilio, Airtable, Carta, Plaid, and Lever. Plus, our users love Vowel. We won Product of the Day, Product of the Week and the 2020 Golden Kitty Award for ⛱ Remote Work tool of the year on Product Hunt.
We are actively seeking a Full-Stack Engineer with significant front-end experience who will be responsible for implementing key features across our platform, including UX and front-end features, real-time audio and video streaming, communication via our REST API, and synchronization with key services and integration partners.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with other engineers to architect, implement, and rollout new features
- Work directly with leadership and other team members to ensure that engineering goals align with overall company goals
- Develop real-time, stream-based audio and video analysis pipelines to extract insight from conversations
- Deploy new releases on our Kubernetes infrastructure
- Ensure high security standards and best practices
What you should have:
- At least three years of software development experience, using a JVM-based language, such as Java, Kotlin, Scala
- Experience working on large projects using ECMAScript 2015+ or Typescript
- Familiarity using React, Redux, and Redux Toolkit
- Strong familiarity with debugging, profiling, and test-driven development
- Experience with SQL, ORMs, and data modeling
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Experience developing multithreaded, asynchronous systems
- Familiarity building and testing asynchronous, distributed, fault-tolerant code
Even better if you have:
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Familiarity using Kafka and Avro
- Experience developing and architecting distributed streaming or batch platforms, using tools such as Spark, DataProc, or Flink
- Experience using React Native, Swift, and Android/Java
- Familiarity with Web-RTC and media streaming technologies
- Experience developing for cloud platforms, such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience using XMPP, websockets, and Datachannel
- Familiarity with web technologies, such as HTTP, CSS3, HTML5
- Join the early team of a venture-backed startup with executives that have founded multiple successful venture backed companies.
- Competitive salary + equity.
- Flexible time off policy.
- Competitive health benefits and 401k.
Vowel embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.