Senior Test Automation Engineer
The workplace is getting more distributed. Over the last decade, the biggest advances in productivity have come from new full stack, collaborative tools that manage distributed work. Code has Github. Design has Figma. What about meetings?
The most important stuff in every company is happening in meetings. But our meeting tools were designed in an era when meetings were almost always in person. Today’s meeting tools let you see and hear each other. That’s it. Vowel is a full stack meeting OS that actually helps you have better meetings, collaborate more effectively, and surface insightful team metrics and trends.
Our team has strong experience starting and running VC-backed companies. Our investors include the same VCs who invested in leading software companies, including Stripe, Twilio, Airtable, Carta, Plaid, and Lever. Plus, our users love Vowel. We won Product of the Day, Product of the Week and the 2020 Golden Kitty Award for ⛱ Remote Work tool of the year on Product Hunt.
What you'll do
- Design and implement an end-to-end automation framework for Vowel.
- Improve efficiency, redesign tests, and create a complete environment for the overall automation testing process.
- Setting up user-friendly tooling for the devs.
- Be the go-to person when there is a problem with the testing framework
- Provide guidelines on best practices and support to the devs regarding the framework usage.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop the automated unit, integration, and functional tests.
- Oversee load-testing and automated functional tests, to ensure consistency of behavior and performance across each new release.
- Track Internal QA Metrics to maintain quality standards and prevent regression of bugs
What we look for
- Proficiency with TypeScript, Selenium, REST, and WebDriver.io or Playwright (plus)
- Familiarity with Java/JVM + Selenium
- Experience with cross-platform testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Jira to manage workflows and create/track issues
- Experience using Scrum / Agile Practices
- Experience using git/version control
Extras we'd love to see
- Experience with Audio and Video tools testing.
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with CI/CD.
- Fully remote post-covid; work from anywhere that makes you most productive and fulfilled
- Flexible Time Off; work with your manager to build a schedule that allows you and your family to be at your best
- Remote office setup stipend
- Unlimited PTO/Vacations.
Vowel embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.