Remote (U.S. / EU Time Zones) /
The workplace is getting more distributed. Over the last decade, the biggest advances in productivity have come from new full stack, collaborative tools that manage distributed work. Code has Github. Design has Figma. What about meetings?
The most important stuff in every company is happening in meetings. But our meeting tools were designed in an era when meetings were almost always in person. Today’s meeting tools let you see and hear each other. That’s it. Vowel is a full stack meeting OS that actually helps you have better meetings, collaborate more effectively, and surface insightful team metrics and trends.
Our team has strong experience starting and running VC-backed companies. Our investors include the same VCs who invested in leading software companies, including Stripe, Twilio, Airtable, Carta, Plaid, and Lever. Plus, our users love Vowel. We won Product of the Day, Product of the Week and the 2020 Golden Kitty Award for ⛱ Remote Work tool of the year on Product Hunt.
We are seeking a Product Designer who is motivated by the opportunity to deliver amazing experiences for our users and help create an elegant and beautiful product. You will have a lot of autonomy, ownership, and an even greater impact across the entire product, brand, and marketing. You will champion the voice of our users as we ship products and scale into an established brand.
What you'll do
- Own and support design across all disciplines for large parts of our product, from idea to launch
- Work with our design lead to evolve product vision, design systems, and brand guidelines across the product
- Advocate for the user and contribute to high-level strategic decisions that shape our roadmap
- Create prototypes and dive into user feedback, UX research, and data to identify points of friction and opportunities for improvement
- Continuously iterate on our core product to provide more value to them
- Collaborate across various business functions to bring our product, brand, and experience to life
- Actively participate in all stages of our agile design process, including contributing to story creation, weekly standups, etc.
What you'll need
- Minimum 5 years of tech/startup or digital product agency experience
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Strong portfolio and ability to speak through design decisions & tradeoffs
- Experience building and shipping applications or software
- Strong background in visual/interaction design, UX/UI, branding & identity, and typography
- Owning products from start to finish, working with developers and PMs
- Strong understanding of UX principles and workflows
- Ability to research, ideate and define the vision for projects within their unit
- Ability to design and build high fidelity prototypes for testing
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Mastery of Product Design software (We <3 Figma)
- Our VC's include those who have invested in Stripe, Twilio, Airtable, Carta, Plaid, and Lever (among others)
- Competitive salary + equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health and wellness programs (OneMedical, Classpass, Mental Health, fitness memberships)
Vowel embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.