Senior Product Designer (Remote)
Remote (U.S. Time Zones) /
Over the last decade, the biggest advances in productivity have come from the new full-stack, collaborative tools that manage distributed work. Code has Github. Design has Figma. What about meetings? The most important stuff in every company is happening in meetings. But our meeting tools were designed in an era when meetings were almost always in person. Today’s meeting tools let you see and hear each other. That’s it. Vowel is a full-stack meeting OS that actually helps you have better meetings, collaborate more effectively, and surface actionable insights—all powered with AI. We’re on a mission to transform the heart of every business and we want you to help us do it.
We are seeking an experienced Product Designer to join our small design team, motivated by the opportunity to deliver amazing experiences for our users. You'll work on finding solutions for challenging problems by using useful, approachable, and beautiful software interfaces. You will have a lot of autonomy, ownership, and an even greater impact across the entire product. If you think this is for you, we’ll give you the support you need to do your best work.
What you'll do
- Drive top-level product strategy in partnership with CEO, Head of product, and other stakeholders
- Execute on design priorities from conception to production; building docs, flows, prototypes, and UI mocks along the way.
- Provide regular design feedback and direction to your peers.
- Build meaningful relationships across the product, engineering, and other cross-functional partners you're working with.
What we look for
- Exhibits our Values: Customer Centric, Trusting by Default, Incorporating Learning Quickly, Fostering an Inclusive Environment, Working Joyfully
- You have 4 years of minimum design experience as an individual contributor.
- You can think critically about novel UX flows and explore the first, second, and third order implications of adding such flows to the Vowel app in your mind with ease.
- You have a knack for quickly developing your ideas with compelling visual design
- You are organized and are comfortable leading or contributing to multiple design projects.
- You are a great presenter and can tell the story of your work to executive-level audiences.
- Bonus, but not required: Experience designing productivity or collaboration software.
- Bonus, but not required: Experience designing native and desktop apps.
- Bonus, but not required: Experience designing video conferencing software.
- Bonus, but not required: Based in UTC -3 through UTC -5
- High autonomy environment, surrounded by teammates joyfully committed to building the best meeting platform.
- Fully remote; work from somewhere that makes you most productive and fulfilled
- Flexible Time Off; work with your manager to build a schedule that allows you to do the best work of your career
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote office setup stipend
Vowel embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.