Spanish Language Content Publisher
New York / Bogota / México
Voxy, founded in 2010, is a trailblazing language training platform tailored to meet the specific language needs of international organizations. With a mission to enhance productivity, foster collaboration, and unleash human potential, Voxy has established itself as a global leader in the field of corporate language education. With a robust foundation and an ever-evolving vision, Voxy has supported corporate clients across 150 countries by delivering live language coaching led by certified instructors and an expansive library of role-specific courses that bridge critical soft and technical skill gaps.
Today, Voxy's impact spans the globe, with dedicated teams operating across multiple regions, including the United States, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Thailand, Malaysia, Spain, Italy, and Ireland. Originally focused on providing English language instruction, Voxy has evolved to offer an array of languages, including Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, German, and French, catering to a diverse range of learners.
We believe that learning a language should be fun, rewarding, and a gateway to the best experiences life has to offer. If you agree, we’d love to talk.
You can see more details about our values here (https://voxy.com/about/careers/)
Voxy’s Content Publishers use a patented publishing platform to create lessons from authentic content to fuel our innovative, adaptive platform to help learners achieve their language learning goals.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Use first Articulate Rise and later our custom content publishing tool to create lessons around content from authentic sources, using templates built by the Voxy content team
- Identify and define key vocabulary and write level-appropriate comprehension questions for authentic content, including for niche industry and career-aligned courses
- Record audio content for lessons (providing audio support for text and reproducing authentic conversations to be converted into content
- Transcribe and subtitle video and audio according to our in-house style guide
- Ensure high quality standard of published content
- Collaborate with a team of freelance publishers, checking each other’s work for quality assurance
- Stay up to date on communications and updates from the Voxy team lead and managers (reading emails and joining or viewing recorded quarterly meetings)
- Source materials for new lessons from our licensed sources and Creative Commons and assist in building task-based courses
- Participate in the transition to the new content publishing tool and engage in training surrounding that transition
What We’re Looking For:
- Availability to work around 10 hours/week, with training to start in November/December and content publishing to start in December/January
- Experience teaching Spanish as a second/foreign language
- Excellent Spanish language competence and understanding of grammar, vocabulary, and phonology
- Access to a computer running an up-to-date operating system, a reliable internet connection, an external microphone, and a quiet space to record audio
- Technological savvy and a willingness to learn new tools on the fly
- A keen eye for details
- Willingness to collaborate, receive constant detailed feedback, and apply learnings to future work
- Passion about language learning and helping others achieve their language goals
- Strong written interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving initiative and resourcefulness
- Curiosity to learn about nearly any topic!
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- Certificate and/or degree in Spanish, applied linguistics, second language acquisition, education, or related.
- Passion for getting to the bottom of tricky grammatical issues and looking up obscure terminology
- Experience in business Spanish, and/or LSP (Language for Special Purposes)
- Familiarity with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Experience working with a style guide
- Proficiency in audio or video recording and editing tools (e.g. Audacity)
- Experience teaching or learning a language online
- Experience working remotely, setting your own schedule, and establishing a consistent routine
- Experience using web content publishing tools, e-learning software, video conferencing tools, and audio-editing software
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, you’ll enjoy:
- Working with an awesome team of super bright, creative, talented, and passionate individuals
- Setting your own flexible schedule – working where you want, when you want
- Starting pay of $14/hour, with increases based on cumulative hours worked
- Paid onboarding and optional ongoing professional development trainings
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Voxy is committed to using and teaching authentic, global English. We do not discriminate based on native language.