Vehicle Operations Specialist
Palo Alto, California /
Testing Operations /
Voyage is delivering on the promise of self-driving cars.
Voyage has built the technology and services to bring autonomous transportation to those who need it most, beginning in retirement communities. Whether residents face mobility restrictions or just want to take a ride, Voyage takes pride in getting all our passengers to their destination safely, efficiently, and affordably. Our journey begins in calmer communities, but we won't stop until anyone, anywhere can summon a Voyage.
Vehicle Operations Specialists at Voyage supercharge our self-driving taxi service, ensuring that we offer world-class transportation every day. You'll act as our first-line of communication with customers, manage & operate our autonomous taxi fleet, and help capture critical feedback about the rider experience.
This role is multidisciplinary by design. No one on our team went to school to learn how to run a self-driving taxi service. Our Operations Specialists are customer-focused, independently curious, and awesome drivers. They are comfortable acting as the face of Voyage, and work across a range of daily responsibilities.
- Interact directly with Voyage customers and ensure an exceptional experience
- Lead daily test initiatives to capture and communicate rider feedback. Constantly Improve our technology by reporting test results directly to our Product and Engineering teams
- Operate our autonomous fleet up to 8 hours / day
- Troubleshoot and debug quickly and effectively when out in the field
- Always operate our vehicles with a safety first mentality
- We want team members who are passionate about customers, autonomous systems, and changing transportation
- Experience with Linux systems, Bash, and Git
- Valid U.S. driver’s license with minimum 3 years driving experience in the states and clean driving record, ideally 0 violation points
- Adhere to Voyage’s policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. This includes pre-employment, random, and post-incident drug testing
- Ability to type 60+ wpm
- Experience with customer service. We want team members who put our riders’ experience first, and who are comfortable representing the Voyage brand
- Curiosity. For this multidisciplinary role, we’re looking for self-starters who are excited to learn more about autonomous vehicles, and who can work with our Product and Engineering teams to continuously improve our services
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.