Software Engineer, Simulation
Palo Alto, California /
Voyage is delivering on the promise of self-driving cars.
Voyage has built the technology and services to bring autonomous transportation to those who need it most, beginning in retirement communities. Whether residents face mobility restrictions or just want to take a ride, Voyage takes pride in getting all our passengers to their destination safely, efficiently, and affordably. Our journey begins in calmer communities, but we won't stop until anyone, anywhere can summon a Voyage.
As a Simulation Engineer at Voyage, you will use state-of-the-art simulation software to enable development, testing, and validation of our fleet of Level 4 autonomous vehicles. You will design and implement new tooling, functionality, and define procedures and best practices to build our simulation infrastructure. You will interact with the Tools, Platform, Perception, and Autonomy teams to drive a simulation-first culture. Your work will directly impact the productivity of our engineers and the quality of their work, and will ensure our Voyage transportation service is safe and comfortable for communities around the world.
- Build a reliable and scalable simulation data platform for metrics and analysis
- Build effective systems for managing and monitoring execution of a large scenario library
- Automatically generate and discover scenarios that help improve our autonomous technology
- Help develop effective testing frameworks for assessing vehicle behavior
- Build and expand methods to automatically generate 3D worlds based on mapping data
- Make agents such as cars, pedestrians, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and golf carts behave realistically
- Simulate lidar and radar sensors realistically and render high-fidelity images of 3D worlds
- Background in software development in both modern C++ and Python
- Experience building simulation tools for autonomous vehicles or other AI/ML applications
- Full stack development skills are a plus
- Game engine experience (e.g., UE4) is a plus
- Graphics/rendering/GPU expertise are a plus
- Prior experience in the autonomous space is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.