Robotics Engineer, Motion Planning
Santa Clara, California
Voyage’s mission is to serve communities with autonomous vehicles. We do so by delivering a revolutionary self-driving taxi service that will make us a beloved part of our customers’ lives. However, we are not just building self driving cars; we are building a reliable transportation network that will move customers every single day. Come work with our team to revolutionize how we impact everyday life with our fleets and autonomous technology.
Crucial to our mission is motion planning. To travel from A to B requires a series of decision making and motion planning in the chaotic world of urban driving, and we need world-class engineers to work on this key problem.
- You have real-world experience of developing robotic systems and have deep familiarity with the whole stack of high-level decision making, motion planning, and low-level control.
- Prior hands-on experience in deploying motion planning/control algorithms on robotic and/or autonomous vehicle systems.
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge and practical application of robotic path planning, motion planning algorithms (A*, sampling-based motion planners, lattice-based planners, etc.)
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics, modeling and system identification techniques
- Experience with programming in C/C++ for real-time applications on Linux platforms
- Experience with programming in scripting languages (e.g., Python)
- Experience with software engineering tools (e.g., Git, CMake, CI, gdb,etc)
- Knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Familiarity with decision making algorithms via dynamic programming
- Familiarity with trajectory optimization, model predictive control and advanced control techniques
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.