Motion Planning Engineer
Santa Clara, California
Crucial to our mission is motion planning. To travel from A to B requires a series of decision making and motion planning in the chaotic world of urban driving, and we need world-class engineers to work on this key problem.
What we look for
- You have real-world experience of developing robotic systems and have deep familiarity with the whole stack of high-level decision making, motion planning, and low-level control.
- Prior hands-on experience in deploying motion planning/control algorithms on robotic and/or autonomous vehicle systems.
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge and practical application of robotic path planning, motion planning algorithms (A*, sampling-based motion planners, lattice-based planners, etc.)
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics, modeling and system identification techniques
- Experience with programming in C/C++ for real-time applications on Linux platforms
- Experience with programming in scripting languages (e.g., Python)
- Experience with software engineering tools (e.g., Git, CMake, CI, gdb,etc)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Familiarity with decision making algorithms via dynamic programming
- Familiarity with trajectory optimization, model predictive control and advanced control techniques