Software Engineer, Behavior Planning
Palo Alto, California or Remote /
Voyage is delivering on the promise of self-driving cars.
Voyage has built the technology and services to bring autonomous transportation to those who need it most, beginning in retirement communities. Whether residents face mobility restrictions or just want to take a ride, Voyage takes pride in getting all our passengers to their destination safely, efficiently, and affordably. Our journey begins in calmer communities, but we won't stop until anyone, anywhere can summon a Voyage.
The Voyage Behavior Planning Team is responsible for developing algorithms that allow the vehicle to take the best actions. Based on the output of our Motion Prediction module, Behavior Planning’s task is to find the best motion plan that the vehicle should follow in order to make progress, while keeping the trip both safe and comfortable. You will develop models to encode typical vehicle behavior, including models to handle lane changes, intersections, and similar actions.
As part of the broader Autonomy Team, you will also interact on a daily basis with other software engineers to tackle highly advanced AI challenges. All Autonomy Team members will work on a variety of problems across the autonomy space, contributing to the final goal of building the most advanced autonomous driving technology available for communities around the world.
- Design models to handle how other road users interact with our car. Evaluate the performance of such models on real-world and simulated data sets
- Dive into data, explore, uncover and understand the behaviors of road users such as cars, bikes, golf carts, and pedestrians; leveraging machine learning and statistics where appropriate
- Architect and implement decision making algorithms into production-level code
- Work closely with developers from planning, infrastructure, localization, and perception teams to debug, fine-tune, and deploy production systems
- 3+ years of industry experience with fluency in C++, including standard scientific computing libraries
- Experience using modern software engineering tools (e.g., version control, CI, testing)
- Applied math background (linear algebra, statistics, probability)
- Familiarity with any of (task planning, motion planning, motion prediction, controls)
- Practical experience in data science, modeling, and analysis of large datasets is a huge plus
- Experience with software system architecture design
- Experience in Linux environments is desired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.