Senior Software Engineer, Perception
Palo Alto, California or Remote /
Voyage is delivering on the promise of self-driving cars.
Voyage has built the technology and services to bring autonomous transportation to those who need it most, beginning in retirement communities. Whether residents face mobility restrictions or just want to take a ride, Voyage takes pride in getting all our passengers to their destination safely, efficiently, and affordably. Our journey begins in calmer communities, but we won't stop until anyone, anywhere can summon a Voyage.
Perception is one of the most crucial building blocks of autonomous driving. As part of the perception team at Voyage, you will be tackling the challenging problems at the long-tail of self-driving car development, and applying cutting-edge techniques from computer vision, machine learning, and sensor fusion. In this role you will work closely with perception research engineers as well as the autonomy, platform, and cloud infrastructure teams to deploy perception software onto the road.
- Design and build software for a safety-critical, high-performance perception system
- Optimize C++ code using frameworks such as CUDA and TensorRT
- Integrate state-of-the-art machine learning models into Voyage vehicles
- Ensure our research engineers are always working with the highest quality data possible
- Build tooling to better measure and understand system performance
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following: computer vision, machine learning, and robot localization
- You have experience with integrating software modules
- You are comfortable working with distributed systems such as ROS
- Experience in programming in C++ and with robust, safety-critical, efficient code
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.