Analytics Lead Data Developer
Tel Aviv /
vpTech – Engineering /
The vente-privee group has consolidated its various European brands, together made up of 6000 employees, under one unified conglomerate: Veepee. This coalescence marks a new chapter in its European history.
With Privalia, vente-exclusive, Designer & Friends, Zlotewyprzedaze, Eboutic and vente-privee, Veepee achieved a 3.7 billion Euro turnover as of 2018. Present in 14 countries now, Veepee is taking a leading role in the European digital commerce landscape.
Our 6000 employees have chosen a job at Veepee to spice up their daily lives! Our teams implement new technologies to fuel our strategies, offering our customers the best possible experience.
Are you eager to learn? Veepee offers you a variety of trades to develop your career, enabling you to renew your skills constantly. Tech, logistics, sales, marketing, sales production: join us on an exciting, digital-centered journey.
In 2018 we launched <vpTech/> - the IT community of Veepee. Our teams are widely distributed within the offices in Paris, Lyon, Nantes, Nice, Barcelona, Brussels, Warsaw, Amsterdam and Tel-Aviv.
Today we are looking for an Analytics Lead Data Developer for our Travel tribe who will be leading all the data related projects on the production side. Our Data team is 100% Google Cloud Native, so in order to extract and manipulate data from our Data Lake you have to work or willing to work with GCP.
- Develop micro services (deployed using Kubernetes) to serve data from the data lake or to expose machine learning models’ predictions to a Travel team;
- Contribute to building a Veepee data lake;
- Supply data to external parties, to connect data to BI and analytics tools;
- Build ingestion pipelines to our Google BigQuery based data lake;
- Develop new and redesign existing features of our products;
- Suggest on interfaces and other possible improvements that might be done;
- Write technical documentation;
- Keep the code clean and review your team members’ designs if needed;
- Ensure the reliability and scalability of developed applications;
- Review the legacy code in order to avoid the production bugs;
- Handle the technical interviews with other developers willing to join <vpTech/>
- 5+ years of experience in Software development
- Experience with streaming technologies like Apache Beam (on google dataflow), Kafka and Kafka streams, Spark streaming etc;
- Experience with machine learning model deployment and serving;
- Used to working in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure,...);
- You are familiar with the concepts of a microservice architecture;
- Prior experience with deploying containers on a platform like Kubernetes is a plus;
- Proficiency with version control Git;
- Knowledge of database technologies/concepts: relational (MS-SQL, PostgreSQL,...) and non-relational (Bigtable/HBase, Elasticsearch,...);
- A strong team-player, willing to share knowledge with other team members and help out where needed;
- You have strong verbal and written English language skills.
What we offer:
- Dynamic and creative environment within international teams;
- Variety of self-education courses on our e-learning platform;
- Participation in meetups and conferences locally and internationally;
- 1 day of remote work per week;
- Video games, beer and quiz parties with colleagues.
Belonging to Veepee, <vpTech/> is one of the biggest Tech community in Europe with more than 1000 IT collaborators around Europe.
From Warsaw to Barcelona, through Lyon, Nantes, Lausanne, Tel Aviv, Brussels, Nice, Amsterdam and Paris, all our projects are developed in a functional environment with a wide skills variety where you’ll be sure to find your place, no matter the technology you want to work with.
If you love to try things why don’t you jump on this new adventure?
Need more info > https://careers.vente-privee.com/en/vptech/