vpTech – Data
The vente-privee group has consolidated its various European brands, together made up of 6000 employees, under one unified conglomerate: Veepee. This coalescence marks a new chapter in its European history.
With Privalia, vente-exclusive, Designer & Friends, Zlotewyprzedaze, Eboutic and vente-privee, Veepee achieved a 3.7 billion Euro turnover as of 2018. Present in 14 countries now, Veepee is taking a leading role in the European digital commerce landscape.
Our 6000 employees have chosen a job at Veepee to spice up their daily lives! Our teams implement new technologies to fuel our strategies, offering our customers the best possible experience.
Are you eager to learn? Veepee offers you a variety of trades to develop your career, enabling you to renew your skills constantly. Tech, logistics, sales, marketing, sales production: join us on an exciting, digital-centred journey.
As part of Veepee’s data organisation, the data scientist team’s mission is to accelerate business by providing algorithms that change the customer experience every day. Not only customers will profit from our algorithms, also brands and employees will be delighted by the automation of their process.
You will be part of a team composed of data engineers and data scientists from all over Europe. You will work on challenging projects such as optimal product pricing and product ranking. Google Cloud Platform is our cloud infrastructure and we use all its power to make our projects possible!
Joining the data science team is an opportunity to
- Contribute to building
- Work with cutting-edge technologies on Google Cloud Platform like Dataflow (Apache Beam), BigQuery, Kubernetes engine, Bigtable, Cloud functions, Cloud SQL,...
- Join an agile, international team of high-quality data scientists located across Brussels, Paris and Barcelona
- Join a growing, international and profitable company that has put ‘being data driven’ as a strategic pillar for the future
- Keep improving your technical knowledge and expertise by attending conferences, contributing to open-source projects, organising and attending meetups,...
- Be part of a larger tech organisation (vpTech) that is responsible for building one of the biggest e-commerce platforms in Europe.
- Be part of a team that goes loco from time to time, likes BBQ (even vegetarian), is eager to learn and build for the future.
- Oh yeah, our offices are in Poblenou close to the beach
- You are passionate about data, machine learning and e-commerce.
- Solid Python skills. Our data projects are mainly written in Python. Knowledge of data/stats/ml packages such as pandas, scikit-learn, scipy, etc. is desired.
- SQL. Our DataLake is built on BigQuery. Knowledge of SQL is mandatory to quickly analyse, retrieve and process data.
- Software engineering skills. Most of our projects are software projects. Therefore, we use tools for control version such as Git, CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes, etc. Basic experience with real software projects is required.
- Experience with “Big Data”. Experience with frameworks such as Spark is desired. Some of our pipelines use pySpark jobs to preprocess the data for our machine learning models.
- Advanced Analytical skills. Knowledge of statistics and Machine Learning is preferred.
- Cloud technologies. We use Google Cloud Platform as our data infrastructure. We have our DataLake in BigQuery, we run Dataproc jobs, we set up Cloud Engine machines to train our ML models, etc. Prior experience with cloud technologies is a plus.
- Business mindset. Our end goal is to impact the business not to just to do research. Offline and theoretical concepts are not enough until we measure our impact on the business.
- Fluent English. You will be part of an international team with colleagues all over Europe. English is the official language of the company and thus is mandatory to speak it.
- Flexible schedule.
- One day per week home office.
- Medical insurance, ticket restaurant and more!
- Yoga, nutritionist and physiotherapy in the office!
- Offices based in Poblenou, close to the beach!
- An opportunity to tackle real business challenges and translate them into data solutions.
You don't meet all the requirements but you believe you can impact positively on our projects? Do you feel motivated to join us? We want fresh blood, fresh ideas, people who can challenge our ideas. Do not hesitate to contact us!
Belonging to Veepee, <vpTech/> is one of the biggest Tech community in Europe with more than 1000 IT collaborators around Europe.
From Warsaw to Barcelona, through Lyon, Nantes, Lausanne, Tel Aviv, Brussels, Amsterdam and Paris, all our projects are developed in a functional environment with a wide skills variety where you’ll be sure to find your place, no matter the technology you want to work with.
If you love to try things why don’t you jump on this new adventure?
Need more info > https://careers.vente-privee.com/en/vptech/