vpTech – Data
The vente-privee group has consolidated its various European brands, together made up of 6000 employees, under one unified conglomerate: Veepee. This coalescence marks a new chapter in its European history.
With Privalia, vente-exclusive, Designer & Friends, Zlotewyprzedaze, Eboutic and vente-privee, Veepee achieved a 3.7 billion Euro turnover as of 2018. Present in 14 countries now, Veepee is taking a leading role in the European digital commerce landscape.
Our 6000 employees have chosen a job at Veepee to spice up their daily lives! Our teams implement new technologies to fuel our strategies, offering our customers the best possible experience.
Are you eager to learn? Veepee offers you a variety of trades to develop your career, enabling you to renew your skills constantly. Tech, logistics, sales, marketing, sales production: join us on an exciting, digital-centred journey.
As part of Veepee’s data organisation, the data engineering team’s mission is to build the technical foundation that will support the whole organisation to produce data to and consume data from a new, central data lake, to supply data to external parties, to connect data to BI and analytics tools used by business teams and to bring complex and state-of-the-art machine learning models in production. The team is fully cloud-native, working with Google Cloud Platform products like BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Dataproc, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Bigtable, Compute Engine,...
At a first stage, your responsibility will be to help building the next datalake and data warehouse for the veepee group. Using both streaming and batch ingestion strategies, the goal is to build ingestion pipelines to our Google BigQuery based datalake using modern technologies like Apache beam (on Google Dataflow), Google PubSub, Kafka connect,... In a later stage, opportunities will come to develop microservices (deployed using kubernetes) to serve data from the datalake or to expose machine learning models’ predictions to customer-facing products.
Your responsibilities will be the following:
- Contribute to building a new data lake that will allow the whole of veepee group to become more data-driven
- Work with cutting-edge technologies on Google Cloud Platform like Dataflow (Apache Beam), BigQuery, Kubernetes engine, Bigtable, Cloud functions, Cloud SQL,...
- Develop and deploy high-load microservices with strong SLA requirements and high business value
- Join an agile, international team of high-quality data engineers located across Brussels, Paris and Barcelona
- Join a growing, international and profitable company that has put ‘being data driven’ as a strategic pillar for the future
- Keep improving your technical knowledge and expertise by attending conferences, contributing to open-source projects (Apache Beam, Apache Airflow), organising and attending meetups,...
- Be part of a larger tech organisation (vpTech) that is responsible for building one of the biggest e-commerce platforms in Europe.
- Be part of a team that goes loco from time to time, likes BBQ (even vegetarian), is eager to learn and build for the future
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in software engineering, preferably in the data field
- Strong knowledge of Java, experience with python, scala or go is a big plus
- Experience with streaming technologies like Apache Beam (on google dataflow), Kafka and Kafka streams, spark streaming,...Experienced in writing SQL statements
- Used to working in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure,...). Prior experience on Google Cloud Platform is a big plus
- Familiar with the concepts of a microservice architecture. Prior experience with deploying containers on a platform like kubernetes is a plus.
- Version control using Git holds little secrets to you.
- Preferably you are familiar with the concepts of CI/CD
- Familiar with different database technologies/concepts: relational (MS-SQL, PostgreSQL,...) and non-relational (Bigtable/HBase, Elasticsearch,...)
- Analytical mindset; dealing with huge amounts of data doesn’t scare you
- A strong team-player, willing to share knowledge with other team members and help out where needed
Belonging to Veepee, <vpTech/> is one of the biggest Tech community in Europe with more than 1000 IT collaborators around Europe.
From Warsaw to Barcelona, through Lyon, Nantes, Lausanne, Tel Aviv, Brussels, Amsterdam and Paris, all our projects are developed in a functional environment with a wide skills variety where you’ll be sure to find your place, no matter the technology you want to work with.
If you love to try things why don’t you jump on this new adventure?
Need more info > https://careers.vente-privee.com/en/vptech/