Senior Cloud Engineer
vpTech – Data /
The vente-privee group has consolidated its various European brands, together made up of 6000 employees, under one unified conglomerate: Veepee. This coalescence marks a new chapter in its European history.
With Privalia, vente-exclusive, Designer & Friends, Zlotewyprzedaze, Eboutic and vente-privee, Veepee achieved a 3.7 billion Euro turnover as of 2018. Present in 14 countries now, Veepee is taking a leading role in the European digital commerce landscape.
Our 6000 employees have chosen a job at Veepee to spice up their daily lives! Our teams implement new technologies to fuel our strategies, offering our customers the best possible experience.
Are you eager to learn? Veepee offers you a variety of trades to develop your career, enabling you to renew your skills constantly. Tech, logistics, sales, marketing, sales production: join us on an exciting, digital-centered journey.
In 2018 we launched <vpTech/> - the IT community of Veepee. Our teams are widely distributed within the offices in Paris, Lyon, Nantes, Nice, Barcelona, Brussels, Warsaw, Amsterdam and Tel-Aviv.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will join our Data Science Team, which is fully cloud-native and distributed between Paris, Barcelona and Brussels. Your mission will be to support the whole organisation to deploy machine learning models on Google Cloud Platform, develop micro-services to serve data from the data lake and to expose machine learning based predictions to customer-facing products.
- Develop and deploy high-load microservices with strong SLA requirements and high business value;
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability etc;
- Version and deploy machine learning models at scale in a cloud environment;
- Develop microservices (deployed using kubernetes) to serve data from the data lake or to expose machine learning models’ predictions to customer-facing products;
- Contribute to building a new data lake that will allow the whole Veepee group to become more data-driven;
- Supply data to external parties, to connect data to BI and analytics tools;
- Build ingestion pipelines to our Google BigQuery based data lake;
- Keep improving your technical knowledge and expertise by attending conferences, contributing to open-source projects (Apache Beam, Apache Airflow), organizing and attending meetups.
- 5 + years experience in software engineering, preferably in the data field;
- Strong knowledge of Java, experience with Python, Scala or Go is a big plus;
- Experience with streaming technologies like Apache Beam (on google dataflow), Kafka and Kafka streams, Spark streaming etc;
- Experience with machine learning model deployment and serving;
- Used to working in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure,...);
- You are familiar with the concepts of a microservice architecture;
- Prior experience with deploying containers on a platform like Kubernetes is a plus;
- Proficiency with version control Git;
- Knowledge of database technologies/concepts: relational (MS-SQL, PostgreSQL,...) and non-relational (Bigtable/HBase, Elasticsearch,...);
- A strong team-player, willing to share knowledge with other team members and help out where needed;
- You have strong verbal and written English language skills.
What we offer:
- Dynamic and creative environment within international teams;
- The variety of self-education courses on our e-learning platform;
- The participation in meetups and conferences sponsored by vpTech locally and internationally;
- 1 day of remote work per week;
- Video games, beer and quiz parties with colleagues.
Belonging to Veepee, <vpTech/> is one of the biggest Tech community in Europe with more than 1000 IT collaborators around Europe.
From Warsaw to Barcelona, through Lyon, Nantes, Lausanne, Tel Aviv, Brussels, Nice, Amsterdam and Paris, all our projects are developed in a functional environment with a wide skills variety where you’ll be sure to find your place, no matter the technology you want to work with.
If you love to try things why don’t you jump on this new adventure?
Need more info > https://careers.vente-privee.com/en/vptech/